Buffalo Bills needs as of 3/18/2015

Time to update after the flurry of activity:

QB: All approach above average which, the way this offense is being built, is more than enough. No real frontrunner, but the competition will be fierce. IT is a need, but not glaring. Next year's draft should take care of it if there isn't a massive leap forward from EJ.

HB: Shady, Fred-Ex and either Brown/Dixon. Pound that ball hard down their throats. No need.

FB: Felton will knock people out of their jock. Great signing. No need

WR: Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Hogan, Easley. One more would be nice for depth. Goodwin might not make the team.

TE: Lost Chandler. . .signed an immediate upgrade in Clay. Decent depth behind him. No need anymore.

T: Glenn/Henderson/Kouandjio. . .I'm happy with that rotation. A little more depth would be nice.

G: Williams/Richardson/Incognito. . .Again, I'm happy with this rotation. But I do believe the 2nd round pick should be a Guard.

C: Yahoo is reporting Wood/Urbik as the depth at Center. This is acceptable.

DE: Hughes/Mario/Wynn. . .just sick here.

DT: Dareus/KW/Charles. . .even sicker. RENEW DAREUS!!!!

OLB: Bradham/Lawson. . .I can accept this. Depth here would be good.

MLB: Brown. This is now a weakness if Spikes is not resigned.

CB: Gilmore/Graham/McFumbles/Robey/Brooks. . .Love this CB rotation. Nice depth.

S: AW/DW/Rambo/Meeks. . .Love this Safety rotation. . .Nice depth too.

K: Carpenter is solid.

P: Schmidt is solid.

GLARING NEEDS to deal with in the draft:

G: Need another Guard. Hands down.

MLB: Only if Spikes is not renewed.

QB: Not a glaring need, but can be looked ad.

The team has improved on paper by leaps and bounds since the first day of free agency. The Defense is still solid. The offense has been upgraded. Fill the need at Guard with a 2nd round pick that is good to go on opening day and this team looks, on paper, to be a 10 - 13 win team.

Regarding the defense situation, isn't it a 3-4 base now?

Can't Brown and Bradham base both of the MLB spots?

Maybe it is just me, but I think it would be a waste to put Dareus at NT. I would really like to see Dareus wreak havoc from the DE position.

So in my mind, NT is a need in the draft.

I think that our Oline is a bit of a question mark. Glenn and Wood can play very well. Henderson, Kouandjio and Richardson has only played one year, and may or may not step up under Roman's guidance.

I agree with you that we should take an OG in the second round(unless something crazy happens, like signing Mathis or a good player somehow drops to #50)

But nice post by the way, I enjoy reading posts like these, and see other people's view on the Bills roster.

Regarding the defense situation, isn't it a 3-4 base now?

No, no, and no. It is a hybrid scheme that will show multiple looks and formations -- there is no "base" defense. Hell, they will be playing nickel probably half of the time.

No, no, and no. It is a hybrid scheme that will show multiple looks and formations -- there is no "base" defense. Hell, they will be playing nickel probably half of the time.

Okay, I thought that there was a 3-4 "base" defense, and then sometimes using hybrids.

What kind of formations do you think that Rex will use? I am all over Google right know searching. :)

Okay, I thought that there was a 3-4 "base" defense, and then sometimes using hybrids.

What kind of formations do you think that Rex will use? I am all over Google right know searching. :)

I think if the Bills are going to have any "typical" defense it will be the combination of Mario, Kyle, Dareus, Hughes, Bradham, Brown, Gilmore, McKelvin, A. Williams, D. Williams, and Graham.

Edited by eball

Read an article saying that in one season, Rex lined up with 3-4-4 37% of the snaps. 3-3-5 19% and 1-3-7 17%.

So your right, he does like to mix things a lot more then I thought. But I still believe that a mammoth NT I desirable in the draft.