My Mock Draft after Charles Clay Signing

Rnd 2: Cedric Ogbuehi OT Texas A&M: Will be ready for training camp (ACL). Will drop in draft because of injury. Top 20 talent.

Rnd 3: Ali Marpet OG Hobart: Stock rising and posted best overall numbers at combine.

Rnd 5: Clayton Geathers SS Central Florida: Can play both safety positions and averaged over 100 tackles the last three years.

Rnd 6: Rory Anderson TE South Carolina: Under used TE with good sizes and speed. A steal in the 6th rnd.

Rnd 6: Kyle Loomis P Portland State: Best punter in draft. Enough said.

Rnd 7: Tyeler Davison DT Fresno State: A quality run defender with some pass rushing abilities. 8 sacks in 2014.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rnd 2: Cedric Ogbuehi OT Texas A&M: Will be ready for training camp (ACL). Will drop in draft because of injury. Top 20 talent.

Rnd 3: Ali Marpet OG Hobart: Stock rising and posted best overall numbers at combine.

Rnd 5: Clayton Geathers SS Central Florida: Can play both safety positions and averaged over 100 tackles the last three years.

Rnd 6: Rory Anderson TE South Carolina: Under used TE with good sizes and speed. A steal in the 6th rnd.

Rnd 6: Kyle Loomis P Portland State: Best punter in draft. Enough said.

Rnd 7: Tyeler Davison DT Fresno State: A quality run defender with some pass rushing abilities. 8 sacks in 2014.

Like the OL focus :thumbsup:

I'd be very happy if Obguehi falls to us at #50... however..I think it's highly unlikely he falls that far.. I doubt he'll make it past Cleveland at #19.

An alternative RT who will most likely be available at #50 that I like is Daryl Williams, OT Oklahoma - 6'5" / 327 lbs. Below is a scouting report from ESPN Insider for Williams

Production 2 2010: Redshirt 2011: (9/1) ROT 2012: (10/10) ROT2013: (13/13) ROT (Started at LOT vs. Alabama) Height-Weight-Speed 3 Slightly below-average estimated height but appears to have long arms on tape. Also looks to have a thick frame with above-average estimated bulk. Estimated top-end speed is slightly below average. Durability 3 Suffered a sprained MCL in his knee against West Virginia in 2012 and missed the final three games of the season including the team's bowl game. Intangibles 2 Son of Lamesa and Jason Hindman. Accountable and handles his business. Strong work ethic and leadership qualities. Passionate and loves football.

I like Marpet ..especially in the 3rd round... not sure I'd reach for him at #50 though.
Edited by Beerball

Didn't we draft 3 OL last year?

Yes.

Outside of getting an elite guard prospect in round 2, I'm not sure why people are so convinced we'll get better prospects than the guys who've been around the team for a year already.

Henderson or Kouandjio will be the RT next year, wouldn't either of them be at least a 2nd-3rd round prospect if you put them into this year's draft right now?

Yes.

Outside of getting an elite guard prospect in round 2, I'm not sure why people are so convinced we'll get better prospects than the guys who've been around the team for a year already.

Henderson or Kouandjio will be the RT next year, wouldn't either of them be at least a 2nd-3rd round prospect if you put them into this year's draft right now?

Maybe (Id say probably), but investing in the trenches is never a bad idea when 1) the rest of your roster is pretty set, and 2) there isnt a QB available.

The good news is Whaley has us set to go BPA if we want, but Im sure they are looking at the long list of FAs we'll have next year and already planning on finding some insurance on those players.

Whaley seems to be a LB guru so I wouldnt be surprised to see a pick there in somewhere in the 2-4 round range as well.

I think we still need to take a flyer on a QB in round 3 or 4. Petty, Grayson, Hundley, someone will be there. The more QBs you draft, the higher the possibility of hitting on one. This team is just too good to hold our hopes on getting a known elite QB prospect anytime soon so we have to keep taking shots on developing a guy until we finally hit.

Edited by Mark80

Bills currently only have the folloing 2015 draft picks: 2,3,5,6,6 (5 picks).

I think their greatest need is at OT not OG.

They have Glenn, Henderson, Koundjio at OT.

They have Incognito, C. Williams, Urbik, Richardson at OG.

We played most of 2014 without C. Williams. He and Inconito would be an upgrade over what we had at OG (Urbik, Pears, Richardson) last year.

The Bills apparently see it that way as well. They actually offered OT B. Buluga more money in FA than GB did, but he chose to stay with GB.

We played most of 2014 without C. Williams. He and Inconito would be an upgrade over what we had at OG (Urbik, Pears, Richardson) last year.

The Bills apparently see it that way as well. They actually offered OT B. Buluga more money in FA than GB did, but he chose to stay with GB.

We have a 7th rounder too. The 7th we dealt to Minn for Cassel was a 2016 pick

Williams has sucked for 7 years, why do people to continue to think he will be an improvement to our line coming back? He was the lowest rated G in the league in his last season in St. Louis if I remember correctly.

I think you're wrong on the picks. We gave up the first 5th rounder in 2015 and a 2016 7th rounder for Cassel. We got a 2015 6th in return. By my calculation we have a 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 in the 2015 draft

I think you're wrong on the picks. We gave up the first 5th rounder in 2015 and a 2016 7th rounder for Cassel. We got a 2015 6th in return. By my calculation we have a 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 in the 2015 draft

Partially correct, we do have 2 6's though. Our 6 picks (not including compensatory picks ahead of ours) are:

Rd2 Pick 18 (50 Overall)

Rd3 Pick 17 (81 Overall)

Rd5 Pick 19 (147 Overall)

Rd6 Pick 12 (172 Overall)

Rd6 Pick 18 (178 Overall)

Rd7 Pick 17 (209 Overall)

Partially correct, we do have 2 6's though. Our 6 picks (not including compensatory picks ahead of ours) are:

Rd2 Pick 18 (50 Overall)

Rd3 Pick 17 (81 Overall)

Rd5 Pick 19 (147 Overall)

Rd6 Pick 12 (172 Overall)

Rd6 Pick 18 (178 Overall)

Rd7 Pick 17 (209 Overall)

I know we got a sixth back in the Cassel deal; I thought that we didn't have a 6th before the trade because of last year's Williams deal.

If anyone else wants to do it this way, fanspeak is what I used. I don't fully agree with any of the big boards, but I find the Composite board to be the most in line. Anyway, here's where I sit based on how the cards fell on that site.

50 - R2P18
OT JAKE FISHER
OREGON
81 - R3P17
TE CLIVE WALFORD
MIAMI (FLA.)
147 - R5P19
OLB GENEO GRISSOM
OKLAHOMA
172 - R6P12
S IBRAHEIM CAMPBELL
NORTHWESTERN
178 - R6P18
C SHAQUILLE MASON
GEORGIA TECH
209 - R7P17
QB CODY FAJARDO
NEVADA

I know we got a sixth back in the Cassel deal; I thought that we didn't have a 6th before the trade because of last year's Williams deal.

Everything I've seen has us still having both, not sure on the details though, honestly.