My Mock Draft after Charles Clay Signing

Your confidence level in those 2014 draft picks is?

Since you are an intelligent fellow it must be so high that you feel that the o-line is set and additional picks there would be a waste.

Or...your looking backwards without keeping an eye on what's in front of you.

Lonnie Friggin' Johnson... is that him?

now where the hell did i put that clip?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rnd 2: Cedric Ogbuehi OT Texas A&M: Will be ready for training camp (ACL). Will drop in draft because of injury. Top 20 talent.

Rnd 3: Ali Marpet OG Hobart: Stock rising and posted best overall numbers at combine.

Rnd 5: Clayton Geathers SS Central Florida: Can play both safety positions and averaged over 100 tackles the last three years.

Rnd 6: Rory Anderson TE South Carolina: Under used TE with good sizes and speed. A steal in the 6th rnd.

Rnd 6: Kyle Loomis P Portland State: Best punter in draft. Enough said.

Rnd 7: Tyeler Davison DT Fresno State: A quality run defender with some pass rushing abilities. 8 sacks in 2014.

Man are you going to be disappointed. We may try to find another TE because we need a good blocking end(it's also possible that Felton is envisioned in that role). Knowing Whaley's penchent for drafting good LBs and Ryan's scheme, I think LB is going to be fairly high up the draft board. Not sure about safety. Bills may feel Corey Graham is a good fit there alongside Aaron Williams and another CB would be a better choice.

The OL surely will be addressed but I am thinking that come draft day, I think Whaley is very much going to be going with best player available regardless of position. We may go with a RB, a LB or a DT at any time during the draft simply because they may be rated highest on their draft board.

The moves in FA and prior seem to point toward that goal. Your choices seem to be based on need and less about getting the best player. Whaley seems to find some strong talent throughout the draft and that's because he is more concerned about putting high end talent on the roster than filling holes.

This season is all about win NOW NOW - which means no drafting a QB in round 2 so he may start in the future years. We need our round 2 pick to be an on the field contributor in 2015.

The most likely scenario for the Bills ever acquiring an upper level QB will be to attract an older veteran like a Rivers and offer him the surrounding cast and owner commitment he would be looking for.

Teams move on from veteran QBs who can offer viable play for the 3 year window we are in.

Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer, Sam Bradford - all examples

A player often mentioned by Bills scouts that they liked was the bigger OL from Penn State 6'6 335lb Donovan Smith

Could be a target in rd2 or rd3 - seems in the Cordy Glenn mold.

Smith looks the part of a big-time NFL tackle, sporting broad shoulders, long arms and his 320+ pounds are evenly distributed over his frame. He's surprisingly light on his feet, making him effective both in pass protection and run blocking. The problem with Smith is consistency -- he struggled with it in 2014 -- and thus comes with some risk.

50: R2P18

ILB PAUL DAWSON

TCU

81: R3P17

G A.J. CANN

SOUTH CAROLINA

147: R5P19

TE NICK O'LEARY

FSU

172: R6P12

OT MITCH MORSE

MISSOURI

178: R6P18

S CHRIS HACKETT

TCU

209: R7P17

WR DEANDRE SMELTER

GEORGIA TECH

I like it thanks Fanspeak

That would be excellent value, but I can't see him lasting to 81. The recent mocks I've seen having him going in the mid-40s...

I fully agree and I was surprised to still see him there. Made it a no brainer. I like him at 50.

I know we got a sixth back in the Cassel deal; I thought that we didn't have a 6th before the trade because of last year's Williams deal.

the 6th we have up for Williams was 2014. We have 2,3,5,6,6,7. This is how my mock draft went on Fabspeak as well.

50: R2P18

ILB PAUL DAWSON

TCU

81: R3P17

G A.J. CANN

SOUTH CAROLINA

147: R5P19

TE NICK O'LEARY

FSU

172: R6P12

OT MITCH MORSE

MISSOURI

178: R6P18

S CHRIS HACKETT

TCU

209: R7P17

WR DEANDRE SMELTER

GEORGIA TECH

I like it thanks Fanspeak

if Smelter lasts until the 7th, that's a steal ....