Rivers in 2016?

I would think that the Bills shot may be like Denver with Manning. If Rivers is forced to relocate anyways does he want the chance to chase a championship? The Bills probably present him with the best opportunity. You will have to trade for him almost certainly but how could you not if presented with the opportunity?

He might disagree with that....

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope not. He's old now and we need a young stud in that position to be relevant. I don't see any value in Rivers other than maybe a season or 2 and would command big dollars when you gotta sign Dareus.

2016. what happened to 2015. man a year does fly by fast....

Oops, my bad. :devil:

IF EJ fails, and Tyrod doesn't have it, Meh surely isn't the answer.

Are you sure you want another 33 year old journeyman in Rivers? Another 10 year guy on the down-slope?

I sure hope not. He's old now and we need a young stud in that position to be relevant. I don't see any value in Rivers other than maybe a season or 2 and would command big dollars when you gotta sign Dareus.

The window is open now. If you had 3 years of Rivers you would have 3 shots at a Super Bowl Championship. It is very much like the Denver situation although I think that the Bills are better than that 1st Manning team.

The window is open now. If you had 3 years of Rivers you would have 3 shots at a Super Bowl Championship. It is very much like the Denver situation although I think that the Bills are better than that 1st Manning team.

Rivers took the Chargers to the post season once in the last 4 years.

I'd rather have old man Brees than old man Rivers. pardon the pun

From reading the article, and taking every word Rivers says with a huge grain of negotiating-in-the-media salt, I would be surprised if he signed with Buffalo. He's saying he won't re-sign with SD because he doesnt want to move from SD to LA. If he doesnt want to go that far, why would he be so willing to move his family cross country? Maybe he just retires? I dunno, but my money is on him staying with his current team one way or another.

Rivers took the Chargers to the post season once in the last 4 years.

I'd rather have old man Brees than old man Rivers. pardon the pun

They are both great. "Old man Brees" threw for over 4,900 yards last year. Those guys are WAY, WAY, WAY, WAY, WAY better than anyone that the Bills have had since Kelly (and Brees is a much better QB than Kelly). Anyone that would not take Rivers or Brees is insane. The goal is to win a championship not get to the playoffs.

From reading the article, and taking every word Rivers says with a huge grain of negotiating-in-the-media salt, I would be surprised if he signed with Buffalo. He's saying he won't re-sign with SD because he doesnt want to move from SD to LA. If he doesnt want to go that far, why would he be so willing to move his family cross country? Maybe he just retires? I dunno, but my money is on him staying with his current team one way or another.

That is how I read it as well. The point is that relocate or retire will be his options. He could force the Chargers hand if he was interested in going somewhere else.

2016. what happened to 2015. man a year does fly by fast....

Oops, my bad. :devil:

IF EJ fails, and Tyrod doesn't have it, Meh surely isn't the answer.

Are you sure you want another 33 year old journeyman in Rivers? Another 10 year guy on the down-slope?

Is this a comparison between Rivers and Orton? (1) I wouldn't call Rivers a "journeyman" and (2) no comparison....

If he hits the market the Bills are instant Super Bowl contenders. The cap space is available. I cannot cheer for a team to relocate after all that we have been through. If the Chargers do move this could be a nice silver lining though.

Hopefully he also wants to play on a winner, and sees SD being far away from competing for the SB (as opposed to, say, other teams like Buffalo that really need a QB to get in).

He has 7 little kids. he's not uprooting his family to move to B Lo.

Why not? He said he understands that moving is part of life. He just doesn't like LA. He went to NC State, and is from Alabama. Might (like Mario) enjoy Buffalo. Plus, kids LOVE snow.

Is this a comparison between Rivers and Orton? (1) I wouldn't call Rivers a "journeyman" and (2) no comparison....

a reference to any and all journeymen - no one specifically meant, other than most journeymen don't get teams to the "promised" land

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Has to do w/ relocation to LA. He is fine with moving. Just not to LA. Have Mario call him and tell him how awesome Buffalo is. Or Kelly. Great place to raise kids. (I was raised partially in Buffalo, loved it).

Edited by RyanC883

how about castoff's? :w00t:

BTW, when was Rivers an MVP candidate?

one additional question. What makes one think Rivers won't retire a Charger?

How about haberdashery while we're tossing around words that don't even begin to characterize Rivers?

Your kidding right?

He doesnt really have 7 kids does he?

CBF

He was a father of 2-3 kids before he even left college. One of those super religious breeders.

MVP candidates can't be classified as journeymen.

MVP candidates who have played for 1 team their entire career, no less.

FTR

Journeyman = any experienced, competent but routine worker or performer. Not necessarily an older QB that switches from team to team every year or 2. which may be what people associate that word with.

Yes, Brees would also fit into this classification of Journeyman.

I'd love a Championship but I'd enjoy a 5 to 10 year run of excellence too with a younger stud.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever