Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

• Yes
    • No
    • They will actually sign Clay Charles and he's a baller
    • Perhaps. I need to ask Pat Moran.
  2. 2. When will they sign him?

• 5 days from today
    • 5 days from tomorrow
    • When he is a FA again in 2019
    • NEVER. Big Sammy will start at TE and we will like it.
    • 5 days from "soon"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh oh..

Page 50.

Time for a new thread?

CBF

no new thread until offer sheet is submitted or some other significant move is made IMO (removal of tranny tag, he signs extension in Miami, etc). This thread isn't even as long as Da'rick's!

@ArmandoSalguero: Clay wants to get PAID wherever that may be. RT @AlecMorris12: does Charles Clay WANT to stay in Miami?

@ArmandoSalguero: Ball is in Buff. court. Dolphins need do nothing right now. RT @armijoj: Charles Clay? Is this a game of chicken?

@ArmandoSalguero: Restricted free agents can be signed until April 24, so Bills Clay offer could be finished by then even if they are using a quill.

@jchenelly: @rmarx188 The #Bills are confident that the #Fish aren't going to get #Clay to sign an extension or tender, so they aren't in any rush.

At this point I really do think the Bills are going to wait until 4/24

@ArmandoSalguero: Clay wants to get PAID wherever that may be. RT @AlecMorris12: does Charles Clay WANT to stay in Miami?

@ArmandoSalguero: Ball is in Buff. court. Dolphins need do nothing right now. RT @armijoj: Charles Clay? Is this a game of chicken?

@ArmandoSalguero: Restricted free agents can be signed until April 24, so Bills Clay offer could be finished by then even if they are using a quill.

@jchenelly: @rmarx188 The #Bills are confident that the #Fish aren't going to get #Clay to sign an extension or tender, so they aren't in any rush.

I think they'll just wait until Miami starts to fill out its roster. They can't hold off too much longer, they need too much help. Once they make their next signing, taking up cap space in 2016 in particular, I expect the Bills might pounce. All the pressure is on Miami, of the two teams they're the only one who absolutely has to sign more guys in UFA.

I think they'll just wait until Miami starts to fill out its roster. They can't hold off too much longer, they need too much help. Once they make their next signing, taking up cap space in 2016 in particular, I expect the Bills might pounce. All the pressure is on Miami, of the two teams they're the only one who absolutely has to sign more guys in UFA.

Sorry if this was clarified on page 12 or something, but are there league procedures in place that guarantee that all teams know the exact terms of one another's player contracts? Or is this info passed freely along (and likely unreliably) by agents?

Just wondering how accurately teams are able to track one another's cap situations.

We have talked about buffalo getting the offer sheet just right.

I think the sheet is done and its not that hard for them. or complicated.

This is purely a waiting game and Buffalo has the all the cards. and maybe Clay has a couple.

How long before we start resenting Clay for taking so long ? first dropped pass, first injury ?

First whiffed block for a sack?

IMO Whaley is playin the Dolphins right now.
But for gosh sake we better have a plan B and or C for TE.

Grey and Gragg are not gonna be nearly enough to bank on.

BTW i have found you guys are one hell of a lot of fun when bored.

I love this place sometimes.

carry on

Edited by 3rdand12

Does that mean they need to post to offer by the 19th to give Miami 5 days?

We have talked about buffalo getting the offer sheet just right.

I think the sheet is done and its not that hard for them. or complicated.

This is purely a waiting game and Buffalo has the all the cards. and maybe Clay has a couple.

How long before we start resenting Clay for taking so long ? first dropped pass, first injury ?

First whiffed block for a sack?

IMO Whaley is playin the Dolphins right now.

But for gosh sake we better have a plan B and or C for TE.

Grey and Gragg are not gonna be nearly enough to bank on.

BTW i have found you guys are one hell of a lot of fun when bored.

I love this place sometimes.

carry on

Can you really blame Clay if the Bills technically have not given him an offer sheet?

was just reading an article on the dolphins/saints trade saying the fins paid a large portion of ellerbes salary and an april bonus right before the trade as a restructure to keep it on their books instead of the saints. i know a few have asked about that concept, but i think thats the first ive seen it in practice.

what's the reason for that?

Can't find one.....apart from wiki. Perhaps you could find a link that shows it not being correct.

It's called the Collective Bargaining Agreement. See "ARTICLE 10 FRANCHISE AND TRANSITION PLAYERS". Let us know if you find anything to support the assertion that a team cannot use the transition tag due to a formerly tagged payers contract.

Yes, I did see his name.....but there is nothing in the article that implies he can/can't be transition tagged.

The article was not about who can or can't be tagged. It was an article of who WAS tagged. The article starts out with:

Below are the teams who used their tag in the first serious movement prior to the start of free agency.

It then goes on to list all the tagged players.

He (Clay) is in the "not tagged" section, and since he can be franchise tagged, he would be on the list regardless to whether he can be transitioned or not.

I suggest you go back and read the article again. Clay is the last name above the "Not Tagged" section.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000475744/article/franchise-tag-tracker

lol I meant in the general terms ... but good to know!

I know what you meant : ).

I dont think Clay can play Whaley.

But as i mentioned Bills still need two TEs to go into camp with still.

I would like to think after Charles extensive visit in Buffalo the Bills FO have a very definitive feel for his thoughts about coming on board and its really between Bills and Dolphins right now, Not so much Clay and waiting for the best offer.

what's the reason for that?

seemingly just to balance out the trade. essentially miami traded ellerbe, a 3rd, and paid half his salary (or however much) in exchange for stills. i dont believe you can trade cash, but they accelerated money into a bonus the day of the trade so the saints got him a bit cheaper.

If I'm a Fish fan (which could never happen...), I'd be getting pretty frustrated with being held hostage by this situation. They can't really make any other moves without surrendering Clay. OTC shows them at $142,937,353 for their top 51 players. They can't even sign their rookies on that number.

I think the news about the money they ate on Ellerbe's deal shows their hand. We just need to be patient. We'll have Clay at the end of the day. We just don't know what day that is! The only thing we may miss out on in the meantime is a G. I don't see a lot of help in that department right now, so we should continue to be patient. I like Blalock, but I'm not sure there is a big difference between him and a 2nd Round Pick or another 2nd Tier FA G.