Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

• Yes
    • No
    • They will actually sign Clay Charles and he's a baller
    • Perhaps. I need to ask Pat Moran.
  2. 2. When will they sign him?

• 5 days from today
    • 5 days from tomorrow
    • When he is a FA again in 2019
    • NEVER. Big Sammy will start at TE and we will like it.
    • 5 days from "soon"

Seems pretty clear what they are doing. They are lessening the need for a Qb to be good enough to drop back and read a defense and throw an accurate pass 20-25 yards downfield before the OL breaks down. With McCoy, Watkins, woods, Harvin and Clay, along with an innovative OC, they are going to throw a ton of short passes and try to get mismatches when defenses don't know who to cover. I don't think any team has as much pure speed and talent as those 5 skill players.

yeah, could be a really fun season.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay fine.

who is the other guard? Oh my aching back Williams? and I may or may not be okay now, Incognito?

yay Heck i am so overwound i would take Stephan and move Wood just to get the best five on the field.

I am still shell shocked from Marrones " efforts " sorry folks..

I assume the other OG isn't on the team yet.

I also don't think anyone on earth knows how bad or good the Bills OL players are after that clusterfukk Marrone ran last year.

Does he know it's not just about 2015 or nah?

@OmarKelly: The Bills have $14M in cap space. The Dolphins have $21M. Not sure there's an offer Miami can't match. WANT TO is a different subject.

In addition to not acknowledging that it's about more than 2015, he also doesn't acknowledge that the Bills (I think) have more players under contract for 2015 and fewer spots to fill, or the fact that the Dolphins have pretty much exhausted their additional cap-saving moves (whereas the Bills still have a few to play if they need them).

I know that he's more of a rabble-rouser than a pure beat reporter, but he really seems to have an axe to grind with the Bills and is gradually crossing the line into total "bitter fanboy" mode.

Go fug yourself, Omar

+1

Omar = Baghdad Bob

Omar = Tim Graham's source in Miami :sack:

@OmarKelly: The Bills have $14M in cap space. The Dolphins have $21M. Not sure there's an offer Miami can't match. WANT TO is a different subject.

Well, there is

Or maybe because they need like 10 more players on their roster?

THIS.

The Bills need about 2-3 players (one is Clay), and they will be absolutely stacked (on paper).

There is still a lot of FA to go, Post June 1 cuts, Training Camp cuts as well as the Draft.

I am still shell shocked from Marrones " efforts " sorry folks..

:beer: You're not alone. Don't worry, it'll get better.

Seems pretty clear what they are doing. They are lessening the need for a Qb to be good enough to drop back and read a defense and throw an accurate pass 20-25 yards downfield before the OL breaks down. With McCoy, Watkins, woods, Harvin and Clay, along with an innovative OC, they are going to throw a ton of short passes and try to get mismatches when defenses don't know who to cover. I don't think any team has as much pure speed and talent as those 5 skill players.

Yup. Good summation. I have no idea if it'll work, but in theory it should at least be entertaining as hell.

I assume the other OG isn't on the team yet.

I also don't think anyone on earth knows how bad or good the Bills OL players are after that clusterfukk Marrone ran last year.

exactly. Most likely we have more talent than we know.

FA isn't even a week old yet. If we lock up Clay today, how will you miserable wretches pass the time between now and the draft?

we can only offer the sheet! then we have to wait up to SEVEN DAYS for them to match.

Thats what we are going to do.

F5

The transition tag of $7 million already counts against their cap for 2015, so they wouldn't have to make any more moves, if they did sign him to a long term deal, it would probably reduce their hit for this season.

The $7m was never in question; everyone knew Miami was already on the hook for that. All the speculation on the moves Miami made with Ellerbe and Wallace centered around having to make room to sign Clay to a new deal. Some of us maintained that was never the case; that they have designs on other trades/free agents. I think both us and the Phins have designs on Evan Mathis, for example.

GO BILLS!!!

This is what I mean; Omar and others are convinced that Miami created this cap space to be able to match an offer for Clay, but that was never the case imo. They want to make other moves to fill big holes in their roster and they are not as able to do that with $14m plus committed to TEs with the expectation that amount will go up with a new deal for Clay.

It ain't about Miami being able to match offers, it's about wanting/needing to make other moves they can't make as readily.

GO BILLS!!!