Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

• Yes
    • No
    • They will actually sign Clay Charles and he's a baller
    • Perhaps. I need to ask Pat Moran.
  2. 2. When will they sign him?

• 5 days from today
    • 5 days from tomorrow
    • When he is a FA again in 2019
    • NEVER. Big Sammy will start at TE and we will like it.
    • 5 days from "soon"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we cut Chandler to sign Clay for $9 million/year someone needs to be fired, or have their head examined.

Yes. And we will gladly be examining yours when the time comes.

I just read this entire thread. I am an idiot. But it was fun to read the Chandler > or = Clay posts...really?

Slackkard. Go finish the two other Clay threads in their entirety, THEN get back to us. We've over 100 pages written about this dude and we're still no closer to knowing if we're going to love or loath him.

The significance of signing a good H-back is comprable to signing a quality Fullback. Nice to have, helps the offense, but keep the investment proportional.

But they're not just signing a good H-back, they're taking away a key piece of a divisional foe's offense. One who's been tagged. The compensation isn't designed just to land Clay, but to punish the fins should they match.

But they're not just signing a good H-back, they're taking away a key piece of a divisional foe's offense. One who's been tagged. The compensation isn't designed just to land Clay, but to punish the fins should they match.

Are we really taking away a key piece now that they have his replacement in Jordan Cameron. Or are you believing the talk that they are planning to use both in different roles. I recognize they have different skill sets.

Are we really taking away a key piece now that they have his replacement in Jordan Cameron. Or are you believing the talk that they are planning to use both in different roles. I recognize they have different skill sets.

I believe the Dolphins first choice was always Clay.

The significance of signing a good H-back is comprable to signing a quality Fullback. Nice to have, helps the offense, but keep the investment proportional.

How many times did this "H-back" line up in the backfield--you know, where H-backs line up--in the last two seasons?

How many times did he line up as a TE?

Yeah, he's a TE.

How many times did this "H-back" line up in the backfield--you know, where H-backs line up--in the last two seasons?

How many times did he line up as a TE?

Yeah, he's a TE.

Or even go in motion, for that matter?

One of the utilities of an H-back is that you can move him around the formation pre-snap, like a chess piece, to switch blocking alignments, smoke out the linebacker/safety coverage responsibilities, etc. Can't really do that with a pure tight end, at least not the way Marrone was using him.

Dolphins also love Sims. He's got size, can catch, block and give you a complete game at the position. Be a strong 1-2 punch for them. If Clay signs with us for more $$ than Cameron did with Miama I'll be really annoyed. Cameron was a real difference maker on a Cleveland team with ZERO offense.