Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

• Yes
    • No
    • They will actually sign Clay Charles and he's a baller
    • Perhaps. I need to ask Pat Moran.
  2. 2. When will they sign him?

• 5 days from today
    • 5 days from tomorrow
    • When he is a FA again in 2019
    • NEVER. Big Sammy will start at TE and we will like it.
    • 5 days from "soon"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a good player. He brings a skill set and athletic ability at the TE position that we have been sorely lacking for years. Is he worth all of this attention/money? Probably not, but TEs are hard to find so you have to overpay.

so, he's not unproven? I've discussed money and salary in other threads. it is irrelevant to me how much money a player gets paid. The teams have to spend a minimum of $125M. That's a lot of money for 50 players considering some rookies and 2nd year players make league minmum salary.

I will find it egregious if the FO pays him 8-9 million.

IMO it will be a move they will regret.

I won't mind so long as they structure it in a way that they can get out early without a huge cap hit.

My sense is that Clay is very valuable to us based on scheme. I would hate to change the scheme and then be stuck with a high-priced guy who doesn't fit.

so, he's not unproven? I've discussed money and salary in other threads. it is irrelevant to me how much money a player gets paid. The teams have to spend a minimum of $125M. That's a lot of money for 50 players considering some rookies and 2nd year players make league minmum salary.

He's proven. I don't mind paying him $8M per because I believe he's the one last missing piece to an offense that is potentially dangerous.

I won't mind so long as they structure it in a way that they can get out early without a huge cap hit.

My sense is that Clay is very valuable to us based on scheme. I would hate to change the scheme and then be stuck with a high-priced guy who doesn't fit.

I don't think Clay is limited in the sense that he cannot fit multiple schemes, but yes, I do think Roman covets him for how well he fits his particular scheme.

@PatMoranMix96: Tim Graham on Sports Extra-- "I can tell you this. Down in Miami they are considering Charles Clay a Buffalo Bill."

Well, FWIW- driving in this morning they had Omar Kelly on and he backtracked. Apparently the Fins are still positioning to keep Clay as they are 20 mil under the cap. BUT they do have a massive need at OG and LBer. Couple that with the fact that there may be a huge deal down the line for Tannehill.

They want that 2 TE set similar the Gronk/Hernandez days.

Unproven???? In 2014 hes#89 on NFL Top 100 as voted on by the players. He is good dude.

Didn't you know... if a player is on the Bills, or the Bills are interested in them, the player sucks. Duh.

Well, FWIW- driving in this morning they had Omar Kelly on and he backtracked. Apparently the Fins are still positioning to keep Clay as they are 20 mil under the cap. BUT they do have a massive need at OG and LBer. Couple that with the fact that there may be a huge deal down the line for Tannehill.

Figures :lol:

He's a good player. He brings a skill set and athletic ability at the TE position that we have been sorely lacking for years. Is he worth all of this attention/money? Probably not, but TEs are hard to find so you have to overpay.

he is money inside the 20. I will pay him out of my own pocket if needed. It's something this team has needed for decades plural. Edited by YoloinOhio

ok, I interpreted your posted incorrectly. Sorry

No need to be sorry. I could've worded my post better.

It would be incredibly stupid for the Dolphins to match our offer for Clay. As I said before, yes they have $12M in cap space (outside of Clay's tender) but they have needs everywhere. Whatever they spend now takes away from next year's cap when they need to re-sign Pouncey, Vernon and Tannehill, who some are speculating will get a $100M deal.

They also exhausted all of their resources as far as clearing out salary cap space. Not many fruits left on that tree.

Incredible. 28 pages and counting of anticipation for maybe signing a still unproven RFA TE.

No other fan base is this invested.

Ha, this shows how little you know.

Unproven huh? Charles Clay's 2013 season, if he were a Bill, would have been the best season by a TE in Bills history. And it would've been by at least 100 yards. He finished 10th in the NFL, in yards, behind Julius Thomas who had 29 more yards than him and had Peyton Manning throwing him the ball. His 6 TD's were tied for 5th in the NFL for TE's. And in 2014 even though he was injured for part of the season, he had a better season than Scott Chandler who played in all 16 games.

But don't let facts get in the way.

Unproven huh? Charles Clay's 2013 season, if he were a Bill, would have been the best season by a TE in Bills history. And it would've been by at least 100 yards. He finished 10th in the NFL, in yards, behind Julius Thomas who had 29 more yards than him and had Peyton Manning throwing him the ball. His 6 TD's were tied for 5th in the NFL for TE's. And in 2014 even though he was injured for part of the season, he had a better season than Scott Chandler who played in all 16 games.

Ouch.

Since 2011:

Clay: 58 GP, 161 rec, 1,809 yds, 14 TDs

Chandler: 60 GP, 181 rec, 2,112 yds, 17 TDs

Have a great day.