Patience Grasshopper (Brandon Spikes)

I haven't seen/heard anything specifically about Spikes since FA broke. No visits, interest or rumors. Am I missing something? I know Doug said that they would keep him in a limited role but I love the intensity, run-stuffing nature he brings to the defense. However, after David Harris re-upped with New Jersey, I thought Spikes would have been a great sign.

Today Spikes tweets "Patience Grasshopper"...

Waiting for Doug to call?

What gives.

https://twitter.com/brandonspikes51

Edited by AlwaysBilleve

Nice...

Is this a power play by Spikes' camp trying to draw some increased interest and dollar signs around the league?

Spikes thinks he can be a three down LBer and get more money is all. So they left the offer just in case he doesn't get what he wants.

Nice...

Is this a power play by Spikes' camp trying to draw some increased interest and dollar signs around the league?

He wants to be a 3 down player (and compensated as one). We offered him a role player deal. I think no shame or power plays on either side if true.

I thought Whaley told him no contract offer would be coming

Not really. Whaley told him to test the market, and if he didn't find what he was looking for, Bills would gladly take him back as a key role player.