Scott Chandler RELEASED (Now signed by Pats)

KDIGGZ

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its weird to how people care so much about who gets to be the first to post big news.

Chandler you will be missed big fella ....

Great hands, work ethic, tough. Some amazing highlights over the years. Thanks for being a great Bill, and for all those clutch 3rd and 4th down grabs with defenders all over you.

You still have a few years in the tank, go play in San Diego or zona or somewhere where the livin is easy. Youve earned it

Yes, if they need to seriously front load Clay's contract, they need to shed cap space in '15. Chandler saves them $2.5mil

But when did they need to cut Chandler to save this money? Couldn't they make sure that they had Clay first and then cut Chandler?

But when did they need to cut Chandler to save this money? Couldn't they make sure that they had Clay first and then cut Chandler?

Chandler is decent but Roman wants guys that can block or stretch the field and he is fair at both. I wouldn't have minded him to stay and think he's a good #2 but he really does fit with what Roman has done before or says he wants to do. And if they can save 2.5m to put to getting the guy who does exactly what Roman likes and wants to do, I am all for it. They also want to sign Harvin who while a WR would take snaps away from Chandler since we would rarely be in a two TE set, considering Felton is one the team.

Let the Chris Gragg era begin!!

Just one problem... Chris Gragg isn't a very good TE.... Unless theyre planning to acquire Virgil green, and draft PSU's Jesse james, i don't see this as a step forward at all...

It seems the Bills needed the cap room to sign Clay and Harvin. ( according to Carucci) Once Clay signs offer sheet, those cap$ are considered used . They need Clay for Roman's schemes and apparently covet the playmaking ability of Harvin. Chandler was decent, but this offense was lacking and needs more versatile and explosive players to create and exploit mismatches. Can't fault them for trying to improve.

I'm thinking out loud here. Fred Jackson would have freed $2.7mm. He was the planned cut to make moves for what the Bills want to do; he wasn't cut. We needed to trim the fat and with cutting someone who will be expendable if they get Clay.... Well, now they MUST get Clay.

I'm thinking out loud here. Fred Jackson would have freed $2.7mm. He was the planned cut to make moves for what the Bills want to do; he wasn't cut. We needed to trim the fat and with cutting someone who will be expendable if they get Clay.... Well, now they MUST get Clay.

They should have cut FJ too.. Get an OG.

Just one problem... Chris Gragg isn't a very good TE.... Unless theyre planning to acquire Virgil green, and draft PSU's Jesse james, i don't see this as a step forward at all...

virgil green went to broncos already

@alexmarvez: 1 reason @buffalobills cut Scott Chandler: Want better blocker at TE. Anthony Fasano gives that as 2nd TE. @MikeGarafolo says he's visiting

This sucks. Always been a big Chandler fan. I get it. But I'm not happy about it.

ditto. maybe they will bring him back as IIRD the Bills have 1 TE on the roster if at all. and by that I mean GOOD

Chris Gragg, MarQueis Gray and Chris Manhertz ?????

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/roster/;_ylt=A0LEVikKhQFVgUkAluAlnIlQ

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever