[closed]Bills interested in TE Charles Clay--update: F5 and stuff

YoloinOhio

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This! What a loser. Go ahead and enjoy playing in front of that crappy fan base and your overrated QB. Oh, and BTW your coach will be fired next season.

Yeah what a loser how dare you not want to uproot your family.

How dare you use the system to its advantage to get the most money in a short career.

Stick that offer in his face and do it in a way that punishes Miami. I certainly wouldn't let them sign him on their terms; I'd make them match our terms.

He doesn't have to accept an offer from us if he doesn't want to. He is in control, we can't dictate how he signs.

Yeah what a loser how dare you not want to uproot your family.

How dare you use the system to its advantage to get the most money in a short career.

What are you his bodyguard! Excuse me for being a little pissed off because we got played by he and his agent. This may well have screwed up FA for my team the Bills.

Edited by moreproblemsthanOrton

The thing that frustrates me the most about this is, if we strike out on him, we have nothing at the TE position. Gray and Gragg have shown mostly nothing on the field... Hope there's someone available in the second round I guess.

He doesn't have to accept an offer from us if he doesn't want to. He is in control, we can't dictate how he signs.

Of course he is but that doesn't change the fact that you can make it difficult. If you presented him with a 4 year $32M deal with $20M guaranteed what would he do?

Also, Evan Mathis becoming available and both Buffalo and Miami having interest definitely changes the dynamics.

For example, suppose Miami trades for Mathis; Buffalo can now move on Clay knowing that Miami is very unlikely to match. Conversely, if Buffalo lands Mathis, they might have to bail on Clay because they can't frontload his contract like they'd need to to prevent Miami from matching. Then again, if someone else lands Mathis, the stare-down may continue.

According to PFT Miami is trying to take the guess work out by signing clay to a multi-year deal.

Time to abandon ship and go after Mathis guns a blazing.

MIAMI can put an offer in. That's their right he is still there player they only have to match if he agrees to Buffs offer sheet

It's not the players fault if MIAMI just started working on a long term deal in his range

Or they simply present him with a contract with a greater value than the transition tag, and he signs it, and that's it.

WTF you keep the guy here two days and you're "still debating"? Does..not..compute

id guess its mostly a poor quote. though with this being a tagged player, it is a bit different than your standard visit - so some extra debate would make sense.

im assuming they are roughly ok on terms though, or he wouldnt be here.

Exactly he gets a deal now that they have finished with suh

So maybe they had a plan test the market we are gonna work on suh and a couple restructures and we will offer a long term deal

Saw what buffalo had to offer and now is seeing what Miami will offer