[closed]Bills interested in TE Charles Clay--update: F5 and stuff

YoloinOhio

Yeah I was just having a bit of fun :). As long as the FO doesn't go crazy I think he will be an excellent aquisitions. If they are out to pay a crazy amount just to get him away from the Dolphins then I'm not liking it as much.

Ya I just see him as a 5 mil guy rather than a 7-8 mil guy but I trust our FO to make the right moves here.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying they're the same at all, just worried about the fact that we're going to be paying Clay 4 times what Scotty's making when they're putting up similar production. Clay is better but is he that much better.

And Lee Smith is now making more than Chandler. Care to compare those stats?

Not saying they're the same at all, just worried about the fact that we're going to be paying Clay 4 times what Scotty's making when they're putting up similar production. Clay is better but is he that much better.

Posters wondering about the money, remember: Fins can match to keep him. So we are forced to pay up if we want him. Which we do. And we have plenty of cap room for it.

Ya I just see him as a 5 mil guy rather than a 7-8 mil guy but I trust our FO to make the right moves here.

Ralph? Is that you?

Posters wondering about the money, remember: Fins can match to keep him. So we are forced to pay up if we want him. Which we do. And we have plenty of cap room for it.

Ralph? Is that you?

That's why the Bills will front end the contract to put pressure on the Fins with their recent Suh signing.

I kind of find the Ralph comment a bit ridiculous. I don't find it all that funny to insult a dead person.

That's why the Bills will front end the contract to put pressure on the Fins with their recent Suh signing.

I kind of find the Ralph comment a bit ridiculous. I don't find it all that funny to insult a dead person.

Suh still hasn't been announced as signed...until it is announced it may not be official

Very little interest in Cameron around the league until now. I think the concussions are an issue.

They should be. It's a violent sport. Odds are he gets hit in the head again sooner or later, then what? That's why I didn't want him, even though he's a good player. We should all remember Kevin Kolb was supposed to start, and then...

Bills are putting so much effort into a mediocre TE.

He's a good player. But remember this: he could be more in Buffalo than he was in MIami. Roman features his TE's in ways the Dolphins don't.

Whats the deal with Clay? Is he really a 7mil plus TE? I dont recall him blowing up last year or anytime. I read somewhere that he is considered one of the best pass catching tight ends, but thats hard to believe.

He's athletic, can create matchup problems, is physical with the ball in his hands. He's good, not great. But Roman's use of him could take him to the next level. And in today's rising cap, every free agent is going to get paid crazy money. Lee Smith got, what, 3 mill? LEE SMITH...

I don't remember this guy from watching the dolphins. I just looked at his statistics (very similar to Chandler's last year) and can't figure out why this former 6th round pick is getting so much attention.

He averages under 4 catches a game with modest yardage and td numbers. He's not big.

are there any dolphin fans or maybe fantasy football owners who can explain why he is being paid as a game-changing tight end?

http://www.thephinsider.com/2014/7/17/5913477/the-curious-case-of-charles-clay

Miami's most improved player was recognized this offseason by being named the NFL's 89th best player. ESPN's Field Yates recently reported that Clay made the list of NFL sources for "biggest matchup nightmares", a list shared by Rob Gronkowski, Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson. The league knows who Charles Clay is now? But do we? What else does the future hold for Miami's offensive weapon?