[closed]Bills interested in TE Charles Clay--update: F5 and stuff

YoloinOhio

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the same time, if Miami waits that long to make a decision, they also screw themselves in their own search for a replacement.

Or they go out and try to get guys to sign for a little less. If they can they just sign Clay. Miami is in a position of power here.

Yes but what if Miami waits the full 7 days to match it and then the Bills are left screwed because the other FA TE's have signed elsewhere

CBF

they probably have a contingency plan. Draft, less heralded TE... This is their brass ring but if Miami matches they move on

Yes but what if Miami waits the full 7 days to match it and then the Bills are left screwed because the other FA TE's have signed elsewhere

CBF

You're assuming the Bills would hv interest in the other free agent TE's which may or may not be accurate

Clay is a unique player and isn't a true TE so I'm not sure their interest in him means they are intent on signing a free agent TE

Could Buffalo pull the offer at any time while Miami is considering matching? I can't seem to find that answer in any of the searches I've done. If they have that option, they could still work on signing another TE while waiting for Miami to match.

Clay would have to sign the offer first...as soon as it's signed Miami is on the clock so to answer....no

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo 9h9 hours ago

Mentioned on @FOXSportsLive just now I'm not expecting the transition tag to scare the Bills in their pursuit of Dolphins TE Charles Clay.

Chris Brown @ChrisBrownBills 4m4 minutes ago

RT @mikegarafolo: And by that, I mean I would think Clay makes visit to Buffalo at some pt. Transition guys could develop slowly.

Edited by YoloinOhio

You're assuming the Bills would hv interest in the other free agent TE's which may or may not be accurate

Clay is a unique player and isn't a true TE so I'm not sure their interest in him means they are intent on signing a free agent TE

This. If they are going hard after a guy like Clay then they have a specific plan for someone like him. He's more of a hybrid TE/FB who can line up a lot of different ways

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 9h9 hours ago

Mentioned on @FOXSportsLive just now I'm not expecting the transition tag to scare the Bills in their pursuit of Dolphins TE Charles Clay.

Chris Brown ‏@ChrisBrownBills 4m4 minutes ago

RT @mikegarafolo: And by that, I mean I would think Clay makes visit to Buffalo at some pt. Transition guys could develop slowly.

Who is on airport watch?