Is this finally the end of the Patriots dominance?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's obvious to me some people can't deal with the new Bills. There is nothing "same old" about this team, except some fans in perpetual "woe is us" mode.

The Pats may or may not be invincible, but starting this year they will have their strongest challenge ever from the Bills.

It's obvious to me some people can't deal with the new Bills. There is nothing "same old" about this team, except some fans in perpetual "woe is us" mode.

The Pats may or may not be invincible, but starting this year they will have their strongest challenge ever from the Bills.

No woe is us here. Proof is in the puddin Promo and the puddin a'int set yet.

Down years are part of the financial model. Teams can't take the salary cap all the way to the top year after year. You mortgage the high cap years against inevitabily coming back down to earth for a few years in terms of spending. The Ravens are surgical with this approach.

I have a feeling that after yet another trophy, the Patriots will save some money this year and play out 2015 with the team constructed largely as is post-cuts and see what happens. I'm sure they will be competitive.

one can only hope and pray as we've done for the last 5+ seasons

I've actually been waiting since 2004. I really thought they were done then. They have the best coach and best QB in the league. Until that changes, NE is the team to beat in the East if not the entire AFC. We do this every year, and every year we are proven wrong. It will end when Brady leaves in another 2 years. ( Hopefully )

The way that team is managed, if they didn't have brady they're the laughingstock of the league.

Poor drafting, zero player allegiance, cheating etc.

Amazing how one qb can cover up so much mediocrity.

I fully concur

Pretty sure we think their dominance ends every year.

+ 1

They've missed the playoffs 1 year I think since Brady and Belachick.

They even went to the playoffs the 1 year with Cassel when Brady injured.

Bills haven't sniffed the playoffs in 15?

Hopefully they get a look this year if they can get anything out of the rent-a-vet approach.

More like "never" underestimate a cheater finding new ways of cheating.

If the refs hadn't discovered the cheating in the AFCC game and reinflated the balls, the pats would not have made it to the SB!

Edited by Mr. WEO

Let's also not forget, Brady and co. will have to play the entire season with a properly inflated ball. Should be interesting when the weather isn't so pleasant. Of course this is NE, so more than likely it will be sunny and 60 for all of their outdoor games. ;-)

You mean like the second half of the Colts playoff game when the balls were properly inflated, the weather sucked and they pancaked the Colts 28-0? Gosh I don't know how they'd manage in bad weather :)

"Closing the gap" and "closed the gap" are not interchangeable. One means you're gaining on your opponent, the other means you've either matched them or overtaken them. The OP postulated that given the recent aquisitions in the AFCE, the other teams in the division are closING the gap; making up ground. When a team other than the Pats wins the AFCE, then the gap will be closED.

The gap still hasn't been closed, but you can't deny the Bills and the others aren't getting closer.

Not sure what's so difficult to understand. How have we gained any ground with the Patriots? Answer me this? Just because we got some free agents and key players? Don't care who we signed. How has the Mario Williams signing helped us gain ground against the Patriots? It hasn't. The Patriots have been top dog in he division since 2001, no matter what any other team's done. Until one of these teams get a legitimate QB under center, the Patriots will continue to own this division.

How are we CLOSING the gap when we haven't even set foot on the field? All these signings are great but mean nothing until we prove it on the field. Patriots don't value star power like we do because they believe in a system that hasn't failed them for the last 14 years. The rest of the AFC east has to TRY and catch up with the Patriots by signing free agents and HOPE that will do the trick. Mario Williams was a great signing, and helped our team immensely, but finishing dead last in the division 2 out of the 3 years he's been here isn't CLOSING the gap.

If the Patriots lose 4 out of 6 divisional games this year, I'll say that the rest of the division is gaining ground. Until then, it's just ridiculous to say that when the season hasn't even started.

+ 1

They've missed the playoffs 1 year I think since Brady and Belachick.

They even went to the playoffs the 1 year with Cassel when Brady injured.

Bills haven't sniffed the playoffs in 15?

Hopefully they get a look this year if they can get anything out of the rent-a-vet approach.

Actually they MISSED the playoffs that year, but the fact that they went 11-5 without Brady is mindblowing.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83