QB Jake Locker - RETIRING!!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the injuries take their toll, and that's why he has lost his desire. I can't be critical of his decision......being hurt all the time in the NFL goes w the territory, and I can see the appeal of getting out while he is still whole (if he still is).

He had numerous injuries which played a big role....

he also has the baseball skills to fall back on. In baseball you dont have the injury risk like in football.

Edited by djp14150

Respect his decision and wish him luck. It seems he understands what is most important to him at this point in his life...pretty impressive for a 26 year old.

or he doesn't realize the opportunity he is giving up. but if he doesn't want to play then I'm glad he decided to retire and not try and weasel any money out of us

From what I read (on the internet, so it's true) his net worth is 4.5MM. Invested at even 4%, that's $180,000 a year without even talking about compounding. Enough to live a modest life without doing jack ****. Good for him.

Edited by stevestojan

From what I read (on the internet, so it's true) his net worth is 4.5MM. Invested at even 4%, that's $180,000 a year without even talking about compounding. Enough to live a modest life without doing jack ****. Good for him.

$180,000/yr is something like 90th percentile earnings for the US. Not so freakin' modest even, better than 90% of the US lives.