QB Jake Locker - RETIRING!!

KDIGGZ

wtf

Wow. Jake Locker is retiring.

Jake Locker: “I’m retiring from football after much reflection and discussion with my family.Always grateful for having had the opportunity”

More from Jake Locker: “I no longer have the burning desire necessary to play the game for a living.”

Edited by kdiggz

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Between him and Willis, I think we are seeing a shift in philosophies. Players now really are valuing long-term health more than the "glory" of playing in the NFL

Edited by VanCity

Locker can opt to go to baseball. He got a contract from a team (cant recall which one) while at Univ of Washington he played class A for the team.

Angels hold his rights until August.

Edited by ricojes

The lengths people will go through to discredit Leroi.

:). He was the one FA I would have taken a chance on. He didn't want it and that's fine. He could have faked it like gutless Orton and just gotten paid.

But I respect his decision. Football is a grind and he couldn't stay healthy.

If Locker played his money right, this could be the smartest move he'll ever make for his health and well-being. If he doesn't want to be there, why should he have to be? NFL football is not all there is in life.

Let me put it this way -- I have more respect for this decision than playing the game and sliding short of a game-changing gain to avoid getting hurt.

I think the injuries take their toll, and that's why he has lost his desire. I can't be critical of his decision......being hurt all the time in the NFL goes w the territory, and I can see the appeal of getting out while he is still whole (if he still is).