Are we we in store for a big splash in FA

JTown

Something tells me Doug Whaley has something big up his sleeve, I just can't seem to figure out what it may be.

Whats your thoughts?

Neither can he - not intended as a snark, it's just like one of those tetris-type puzzles where all the pieces need to fit together just right. They have a list of guys they want to try for at several positions, and if they succeed with one it may knock another out of possibility due to cap or if an expensive guy they want signs elsewhere, free them up to do more.

I do know one thing - Buddy Nix may be enjoying a nice nap at the start of free agency, but Dealer Doug will not be napping.

I hear we're going all IN on Clay. I don't think we need any more big splashes unless they involve a QB and a trade. My hope is we use our resources to sure up the O-Line and pick up a contributor at TE

I guess to me grabbing one of the higher profile OLmen would count as a splash. Agree, O-line and TE.

Hey, it's the Internet, it's speculation, it's a bunch of nobodies playing some bodies, but it's not just one guy and it's interesting and it's at least possible.

The story is that the Rams are the leading candidate to get Foles out of Philly. If that's true, Bradford could be released or traded.

http://ramblinfan.com/2015/03/09/st-louis-rams-leading-contender-land-quarterback-nick-foles/

Hey, it's the Internet, it's speculation, it's a bunch of nobodies playing some bodies, but it's not just one guy and it's interesting and it's at least possible.

The story is that the Rams are the leading candidate to get Foles out of Philly. If that's true, Bradford could be released or traded.

http://ramblinfan.com/2015/03/09/st-louis-rams-leading-contender-land-quarterback-nick-foles/

Could put Leroi's domino theory in play? Bills get the big QB deal and say bye to EJ?

I do think right now its the smart move to be conservative. Our defense is intact and we have cap room. That said, I'd like a guard for under 5 mil giving us some room to sign another guy if there is a late cut. I'm really not a big fan of the tight ends available. Owen daniels isn't a sexy pick but a reliable one. He could be a reasonable pickup.

Something tells me Doug Whaley has something big up his sleeve, I just can't seem to figure out what it may be.

Whats your thoughts?

It depends on how you define "BIG."

I'm not feeling a big FA acquisition, but who knows.

What does all this IN stuff mean? I'm fairly new...

When someone starts a new thread without looking at the board to see if there is perhaps an existing thread that discusses the exact topic. Then there's a mad rush of posters IN'ing into the new thread before it gets locked done by the vigilant beer drinking mods.

My thought is that we sign McCoy and Cassel tomorrow (officially) and then do a quick turnaround and package them for Levitre and Thigpen. Then, when Chan gets word of our movement, he gets jealous and convinces Bowles to trade Pick#6 to us for Thiggy and Levitre. So we're back in business for a QB (Mariota).

Hmmmmm...

T-minus 17 and counting.

Bulaga and Clay. Bada-boom, bada-bing. Done.

The way things are going, and with the new triumvirate of Rex, Whaley and El Petulante, I think that is a real possibility and we would be a very good team. Probably cannot win it all without a decent QB, which EJ or Cassel probably aren't. But we would be a playoff team without a lot of holes that would scare the crap out of other teams.

I'm really getting excited.

When someone starts a new thread without looking at the board to see if there is perhaps an existing thread that discusses the exact topic. Then there's a mad rush of posters IN'ing into the new thread before it gets locked done by the vigilant beer drinking mods.

:beer:machine-gun.gif

Edited by Beerball
Sorry, I thought you said vigilante.

The way things are going, and with the new triumvirate of Rex, Whaley and El Petulante, I think that is a real possibility and we would be a very good team. Probably cannot win it all without a decent QB, which EJ or Cassel probably aren't. But we would be a playoff team without a lot of holes that would scare the crap out of other teams.

I'm really getting excited.

:beer: