Marrone Must be Green!

I am thinking Marrone must be thinking he committed Career suicide by not sticking it out with the Pegulas. Gone from Buffalo, sun tanning in Florida as the OL Coach kind of puts a smile on my face and reinforces the old saying about not being to quick to judge people.

It appears the 5 million Pegula spent to walk away was money well spent for the Fans, I am not so sure all these signings happen with Doug driving the ship.

Lets keep it going!

Glad he's gone but I'm sure he is doing just fine with his $4 million. If anyone wants me to give me $4 million to quit my job I'll do it :)

More than happy to. Just need your bank account and ssn so i know where to deposit it.

Like most, I'm happy he is gone. Shady would be worthless and the Oline would still be bad. Hughes might have been on the field but Doug wasn't sure or not.

He's making two paychecks this year, lives in Florida, and his new job has basically no pressure.

For him, personally, it might be the best thing to ever happen to him.

I'm glad he's gone, though.

That may be true if he has absolutely no ambition whatsoever. If you are a coach in the NFL, your goal is to become a head coach and to win a Super Bowl. The guy is already a millionaire so while I'm sure the buyout is nice, money can only make you so happy. Florida has nice weather but I have lived there and there are many things about it I don't like. Pressure can be a good thing. He messed up big time. He thought he would be the most sought after coach on the market. He way over gauged his value.

Edited by Proteus

That may be true if he has absolutely no ambition whatsoever. If you are a coach in the NFL, your goal is to become a head coach and to win a Super Bowl. The guy is already a millionaire so while I'm sure the buyout is nice, money can only make you so happy. Florida has nice weather but I have lived there and there are many things about it I don't like. Pressure can be a good thing. He messed up big time. He thought he would be the most sought after coach on the market. He way over gauged his value.

I got the feeling it was more about Whaley and power within obd as opposed to money or his market. It didn't seem to me that he and DW were pulling in the same direction and Pegula must not have agreed to whatever DM proposed to make the situation comfortable for himself. So, adios.

Don't confuse effort yelling with results coaching.

kj

+1. Or being a stubborn/control freak whose biggest accomplishment is missing the Playoffs in the NFL (but having a winning season) and winning the Pinstripe Bowl. Guy thought he was entitled to Mike Holegrom level treatment.

Glad he's gone but I'm sure he is doing just fine with his $4 million. If anyone wants me to give me $4 million to quit my job I'll do it :)

But put things in relative terms. Doug climbed up to millions of dollars per year and buying million dollar homes. Say you make 50K a year - would you quit your job for an extra 50K in one year? Either way you answer that question it's stupid if you would.

I have no respect for any quitter ever.

well.... sounds like Pegs wasn't going to extend him which means Pegs was going to move to his own coach anyway come 2016, so Marrone quite frankly was somewhat pushed to pull the ripcord.... staying another year as a dead man walking w/o a QB and w/o support from the front office would have sealed his fate and another 8-8 season.. and he would have missed out on the 4mil...

when he took the job, Marrone had to know he was the "bridge " guy until Ralph passed and new ownership probably brought their own guys in. why else would you insist on (and the Bills agree to) the severance package . i think deep down, all parties knew what Marrone's hiring was all about. he was a temp.

Edited by 8and8Forever

He's making two paychecks this year, lives in Florida, and his new job has basically no pressure.

For him, personally, it might be the best thing to ever happen to him.

I'm glad he's gone, though.

No doubt he made a great payday on the deal... but beyond that he's been owned and I'll say it here... won't be a HC candidate again!

well.... sounds like Pegs wasn't going to extend him which means Pegs was going to move to his own coach anyway come 2016, so Marrone quite frankly was somewhat pushed to pull the ripcord.... staying another year as a dead man walking w/o a QB and w/o support from the front office would have sealed his fate and another 8-8 season.. and he would have missed out on the 4mil...

when he took the job, Marrone had to know he was the "bridge " guy until Ralph passed and new ownership probably brought their own guys in. why else would you insist on (and the Bills agree to) the severance package . i think deep down, all parties knew what Marrone's hiring was all about. he was a temp.

I don't know about that... if you just wanted a temp, why wouldn't you just keep Gailey?

Nope. He quit. Terry said you are well paid with two years left. Do it again and I'll extend you.

Marrone said no. This was all him. He would have been paid 4 million for 2016 if he was fired and he would have kept his reputation intact. But he quit because he's a quitter

the top stuff, maybe.

the bottom, absolutely not.

marrone was one of the hot tickets and had people competing for his service. this wasnt a "whoever will take it for 2 years" hiring.