Throw money at Cutler, once other positions secured

Virgil

Once we have Hughes locked up and whatever lineman and TE plan to get, I would have no problems throwing everything we have left at front-loaded contract to Cutler. Unless Bradford/Kaep is available somehow via trade, Cutler is the best QB option out there. I know he's not a top 10, but he's a top 15 and the best option probably this year or next. He's definitely better than anyone on our roster. And make the deal one that, if we cut him next year or the year after, it doesn't really hurt us. But I'd make it enough up front to make him choose to come here.

I'm not a Cutler fan, but again, I want to make a run with the best option we can.

No No No and Hell no

I'm not a Cutler fan per se (not sure who is) but I couldn't care less about his "poison" factor and all this sort of crap.

I'll take poison in the locker room all day long if he can put the ball where he wants it.

We currently don't have a QB on the roster who can do that, by the way.

I'm not a Cutler fan per se (not sure who is) but I couldn't care less about his "poison" factor and all this sort of crap.

I'll take poison in the locker room all day long if he can put the ball where he wants it.

We currently don't have a QB on the roster who can do that, by the way.

It's obvious that you've never seen Cutler play.

It's obvious that you've never seen Cutler play.

He's substantially better (as a real player on a real football field) than any QB on this roster at the moment.

That's a fact.

OK: resume the Cutler bashing. This board is good for that.

He's substantially better (as a real player on a real football field) than any QB on this roster at the moment.

That's a fact.

OK: resume the Cutler bashing. This board is good for that.

I won't bash the guy, but I think that at this stage of his career, another new system isn't going to benefit him at all. He also needs an experienced offensive line and lots of time to throw, since he's a better downfield thrower than the short/intermediate ranges. He won't have that here and he's already had some serious injuries. He's a talented player, but needs a very specific set of circumstances to be successful. Plus, we don't have enough cap space to fit his existing contract.