Suddenly, everyone wants to talk Bills

I noticed today everyone that sees me with my Bills cap or sweater on wants to talk team with me. Twice today already I had perfect strangers and once last night approach me about the Bills. Not since the 90s has that been an issue. Here are the three episodes:

1) Last night after my daughters musical (Fiddler on the roof) a man walked towards me and rips his jacket open to show me his Bills Shirt and says time to shine!. Yes that was a little weird.

2) This morning when in the church my wife goes to a guy came up to me while I was holding my hat a guy walked across the room to me and starts the conversation with, "Your team isn't fooling around with the McCoy trade huh?

3) On the way into the gas station to pay my pump bill a guy almost knocked me over to get the door and say. This is our year man! GO BILLS!

WOW! What stories have you had. Have you seen an increase as I have since Rex came to town? Share them here

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. As a NYC bills fan, im obviously surrounded by all things jets and giants. Ever since Rex got hired I get approached all the time. All my buddy's text me every time there's some bit of news too. As if I need there insight on something we've been talking about for a week on here.

I noticed today everyone that sees me with my Bills cap or sweater on wants to talk team with me. Twice today already I had perfect strangers and once last night approach me about the Bills. Not since the 90s has that been an issue. Here are the three episodes:

1) Last night after my daughters musical (Fiddler on the roof) a man walked towards me and rips his jacket open to show me his Bills Shirt and says time to shine!. Yes that was a little weird.

2) This morning when in the church my wife goes to a guy came up to me while I was holding my hat a guy walked across the room to me and starts the conversation with, "Your team isn't fooling around with the McCoy trade huh?

3) On the way into the gas station to pay my pump bill a guy almost knocked me over to get the door and say. This is our year man! GO BILLS!

WOW! What stories have you had. Have you seen an increase as I have since Rex came to town? Share them here

What city do you live in?

I wear Bills stuff almost every day.(cap mostly) because I keep my head warm. Never get any attention except to give me grief for being a fan. Now different story.

Whenever I wear Bills stuff around here the only people that say anything are other Bills fans. That's changed up a little in the past couple of weeks.

i have been living in philly since 2008 and i wear a bills cap, sweatshirt, whatever, but its not so much the locals who start the conversation , its transplants.. its like a magnet obviously.. i have met so many people here from western ny because of the bills stuff.. what is also refreshing is that the people from western ny are so much more friendly outgoing.. the natives here are pretty much as one would think, miserable.. just a few are "normal!".. its just a feeling you get when you see that buffalo person..

Edited by dwight in philly