SF FA guard Mike Iupati (update: going to Cardinals)

CJPearl2

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Orlando Franklin better, particularly with the amount of movement Roman asks of his guards. He better in pass pro as well.

If we're looking for a little economy it's probably cheaper to sign Wisniewski to play center and kick Wood over to Guard.

Absolutely correct regarding Franklin. I don't understand why Iupati's name is the one always coming up.

Until the Bills are set with a franchise QB, they need to go all in with the run game with McCoy and Iupati. That will free up the passing game to a point.

What, you wouldn't rather have a guard who would work in both cases? I don't know when the Bills are going to find a franchise QB, but I'd hope it would be within the duration of such a contract.

What, you wouldn't rather have a guard who would work in both cases? I don't know when the Bills are going to find a franchise QB, but I'd hope it would be within the duration of such a contract.

Roman would know if Iupati is the right fit . It won't be a guess for the Bills if he is the one signed.

Roman would know if Iupati is the right fit . It won't be a guess for the Bills if he is the one signed.

Good to know they'd never make a mistake. For the record, I don't see them signing Iupati or Franklin. If they do sign one of them, Franklin would be the far better choice.

Ultimately, I think health should be a consideration when it comes to evaluating Iupati's 2014 season. He wasn't the same player last year and perhaps the ankle was an issue. Perhaps the chaos on the O-line around him last season was also a contributing factor to poor pass blocking. It's hard to project what kind of player he'll be for the next 3 years after 2014.

Free agent OG Mike Iupati is reportedly seeking $8.5 million per year.
The Chargers and Redskins have been the two most-connected teams to Iupati. The 49ers want him back, but reportedly not at his current asking price. Not yet 28 years old, Iupati is the top offensive lineman left on the market.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?rw=1

Free agent OG Mike Iupati is reportedly seeking $8.5 million per year.

The Chargers and Redskins have been the two most-connected teams to Iupati. The 49ers want him back, but reportedly not at his current asking price. Not yet 28 years old, Iupati is the top offensive lineman left on the market.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?rw=1

IMO this shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.

Levitre got $8M per, and this is a much better player.