Deflate Gate

Did the whole thing get dropped ? Googled it and it looks like the whole thing dropped from the face of the earth . Found nothing doing a search on this site .

Just awaiting the final decision- certainly not over though

Listen closely for the black helicopters approaching. You won't know it's happening until it's too late, but Men In Black memory erasers are on the way to your location.

What's deflate gate? .... What are cows??? Edited by The Wiz

Just awaiting the final decision- certainly not over though

There is nothing there of conseqquence to be found. If there was a hint of any serious infractions being discovered the internet and the sports talk world would be on fire. People were responding to what they believed could have happened instead of reacting to the facts.

The report will probably result in changes to the way the balls are handled. Odds are that league officials, and not teams, will control the balls prior and during the games. And league officials will be responsible for the inflation of the balls. Don't be surprised if there will be a single standard for the PSI instead of a range.

The reason why there is so much attention paid to what has normally been a trivial issue is that it involves New England, a high profile and lightening rod franchise. If the team involved were the Bills no one would care.

Pretty sure this will get swept under the rug. In fact, I'm 100% sure some "rogue" scrub patsie (no pun intended) will end up taking the blame and that will be that. The NFL can't afford handing out punishment to their current Superbowl champs.

I'm sure the Wells report is already written and they're just waiting for the right moment (ie, at the same time as something much bigger, so as to keep it off the front page) to release it. Get out the brooms, folks.....

I joined wanting to reply to this topic an it took about a month to be validated by the site. So here it is. Bills pats first game last season. Brady gets hit looking like there was going strip sack but miraculously ball stays in his hand like it was glued there. Flip possessions two minutes left in half and Orton gets hit on arm by Jones and ball flies out like rocket.

Now it didn't seem like a big deal then and I thought to myself just a bit of Brady luck and the Bills being the Bills not catching a break. I thought to myself why does it seem that Brady is alway able to hold on to the ball in situations like that?

ANSWER: he cheats! Pats cheat! and IT'S EASIER TO HOLD ONTO A LESS INFLATED BALL.

I pray that this is not swept under the carpet.

I joined wanting to reply to this topic an it took about a month to be validated by the site. So here it is. Bills pats first game last season. Brady gets hit looking like there was going strip sack but miraculously ball stays in his hand like it was glued there. Flip possessions two minutes left in half and Orton gets hit on arm by Jones and ball flies out like rocket.

Now it didn't seem like a big deal then and I thought to myself just a bit of Brady luck and the Bills being the Bills not catching a break. I thought to myself why does it seem that Brady is alway able to hold on to the ball in situations like that?

ANSWER: he cheats! Pats cheat! and IT'S EASIER TO HOLD ONTO A LESS INFLATED BALL.

Average joes were handed two balls - one inflated proper, one a little low and couldn't tell the difference. Let's not pretend it's miraculously glued to his hand.

My fellow Matt--I noticed the same thing on the Brady play (and said that in the original thread). I was at the game, but from watching it on the jumbotron I wondered how in holy hell did he hang onto the ball when Hughes tomahawk chopped him. That's the problem with the Pats*--everything they do is subject to a sheen of cynicism about whether they were cheating or not. Billy B brought that on himself over the years....

NFL QB's are not average Joes.

So when he gets hit, a difference in firmness that you might not notice is the difference between the ball being glued to his hand or shooting out like it's oiled up? (Of course, if that ball was even low and ortons could've been too....)

I'm not saying he had no idea but that the dramatic overstating sounds silly