Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, we're getting a player who has been directly quoted saying [........] <-- nothing. We've had quotes from someone who talked to "A source close to McCoy", which is clearly very robust and reliable as a means to get at how someone really feels because it works so well for girls in Middle School

Second some running backs last into their 30s, even if he declines the infamous "running back curve" would say we likely have 4 years of league-leading numbers left, and we're clearly trying to build a team that can win NOW with a mediocre QB.

Thirdly there have been just as good (read: thirdhand unreliable) sources claiming Kiko wanted out. I don't believe them any more than the McCoy sources.

Fourthly your definition of "Garbage" was 4th in the league for YPG, 3rd in the league for yards, and a very respectable 4.2 ypc behind a garbage line last year.

Fifth while RB can be gotten "cheap" in the draft, proven league-leading players who can both run, catch, and block are a different matter. Put up a table showing how many RB drafted in any round go there, eh?

Sixth what? What? Getting a first rounder back? Undisclosed picks? Are you mixing up trades and talking about the Cassel trade? A fifth and next years 7th for a 6th and Cassel good luck getting a 1st rounder for that.

Look, Kiko is a very promising player, no question, but he's also coming off ACL surgery, already tore his other ACL a few years back, the D was top-5 without him - the tea leaves say he can be spared. If I trust Whaley's talent evaluation and judgement at any position, that would be linebacker.

1. NBC reported him being unhappy about (reworked deal makes that point moot but still): http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/04/mccoy-reportedly-isnt-happy-about-being-traded-to-buffalo/

2. True enough, but this guy just blew out his knee for the second time in his career and also has 1 serious concussion in his name. Time will tell.

3. I wasnt aware of those reports at the time of posting and I agree with you on that point, especially in light of the reworked deal. It could have been leaked to the media as part of contract talks.

4. My definition of garbage are his september 2014 stats when the Eagles line was plagued with injuries.

5. Jup a true great all round RB is likely to go first or second even though they have been at a lower value these past few drafts, then again it may proof to be a continuing trend. Also note that McCoy is not a great blocker at all. Certainly not FredEx level.

6. It certainly seems I did... I swear I read that there was some exchange of undisclosed draft picks to go along with the trade instead of it being a straight up swap.

In the end I hope this trade works out great and I hope I have been worrying over nothing, but I still have a somewhat nagging feeling about this trade that just won't go away, the main reason being his september stats and his fumbles lost (then again I dont know the circumstances of those fumbles). You have a great point with trusting Whaley his LB evaluation skills given his Pittsburg background.

Can I ask where you are pulling that 2.3 from?

Bravo to Bladieba. The defense and opposing runningbacks missed kiko so sorely last year.

Crapping on Mccoys accomplishments at the top rb in ALL OF THE WORLD in rushing and 1st downs over 5 Years is impressive.

Men lie women lie numbers don't

His azz, apparently.

Here's a linky to his professional stats.

And for those too lazy to click it, here's his Yards per Attempt averages for each year:

2009 4.1

2010 5.2

2011 4.8

2012 4.2

2013 5.1

2014 4.2

Check his september stats. I clearly said garbage behind an injured o-line. Obviously he's been great behind a good to great line (saying good to great since his performance could in fact inflate that of the o-line).

Is he a "pillar"of the defense like kiko was ?

He was a very big part of the improved run defense. Bills would love to have him back but he wants to play 3 downs not 2 and as such has said he is going to test FA. I still think there are good odds that he'll return if he can't find a bigger role elsewhere.

He was a very big part of the improved run defense. Bills would love to have him back but he wants to play 3 downs not 2 and as such has said he is going to test FA. I still think there are good odds that he'll return if he can't find a bigger role elsewhere.

I'm a fan, love the way he barrels into lineman and delivers a strong blow often.

The "pillars" thing is a reference to some zany jtsp stuff. Kiko was a "pillar" alledgedly. A pillar who didn't help the defense at all last year.

1. NBC reported him being unhappy about (reworked deal makes that point moot but still): http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/04/mccoy-reportedly-isnt-happy-about-being-traded-to-buffalo/

2. True enough, but this guy just blew out his knee for the second time in his career and also has 1 serious concussion in his name. Time will tell.

3. I wasnt aware of those reports at the time of posting and I agree with you on that point, especially in light of the reworked deal. It could have been leaked to the media as part of contract talks.

4. My definition of garbage are his september 2014 stats when the Eagles line was plagued with injuries.

5. Jup a true great all round RB is likely to go first or second even though they have been at a lower value these past few drafts, then again it may proof to be a continuing trend. Also note that McCoy is not a great blocker at all. Certainly not FredEx level.

6. It certainly seems I did... I swear I read that there was some exchange of undisclosed draft picks to go along with the trade instead of it being a straight up swap.

In the end I hope this trade works out great and I hope I have been worrying over nothing, but I still have a somewhat nagging feeling about this trade that just won't go away, the main reason being his september stats and his fumbles lost (then again I dont know the circumstances of those fumbles). You have a great point with trusting Whaley his LB evaluation skills given his Pittsburg background.

You can not believe everything you read on the interwebs!

So today at 4PM McCoy will officially become a Bill!

Welcome!

CBF

T minus 7 hours 9 minutes Posted Today, 08:51 AM

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Britt McHenry ‏@BrittMcHenry 5m5 minutes ago

Coach in NFC East on Chip Kelly: "Can't handle strong personalities in the locker room." Like many, was shocked about McCoy trade. #eagles

That's really interesting. The media seems to be giving Chip the benefit of the doubt on all his moves. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. If I were an Eagles fan though, I'd be a little weary about what's happening.

I can't wait until this is official and we get to hear him talk about the process and everything.

That's really interesting. The media seems to be giving Chip the benefit of the doubt on all his moves. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. If I were an Eagles fan though, I'd be a little weary about what's happening.

I can't wait until this is official and we get to hear him talk about the process and everything.

I thoroughly believe that can't handle strong personalities concept. If Kelly doesn't win big in the next two years he's going down in flames, IMO.

I thoroughly believe that can't handle strong personalities concept. If Kelly doesn't win big in the next two years he's going down in flames, IMO.

Kinda like Harbaugh? I wouldn't be shocked.

I'm pumped to see what they do with the O-line and FB positions. I'm hoping Kromer has a better eye for talent than Marrone and Pat Morris did and I think it's safe to hope that.

I want to see McCoy with holes to run through and break some big ones.

He still hasn't changed his twitter profile - says he plays for eagles

@CutonDime25: What a blast at the neweracap head quarters..... Thanks 4 everything https://t.co/1g22AF6GyN

I think that would be a violation in the eyes of the NFL -- won't be able to say Bills until trade is approved and announced.

The subtle difference in his Instagram is that he doesn't say anything about who he plays for...even in the Vine video last night he just says "BillsMafia" and laughs...