Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what it does show is that it's not the slam dunk some think around here that McCoy > Murray.

IMO Murray is better too.

But more importantly, if you put them in the same category, then the combination of Murray + Kiko for the same price > McCoy alone .... that's the real comparison.

hmmmmm

Was Murray available for trade? Lets keep in mind here that we TRADED for the 3rd best rusher in the league last year when you TRADE for a RB that HAVE to come here.....when someone is a FA they go where they want

Does Murray run behind a all pro offensive line.....im pretty sure he did

Also not talked about here.....last year was the first year Murray was able to stay relatively injury free

Meanwhile.....Shady....much like Thurman Thomas....has a running style that keeps him durable AND AVAILABLE TO HIS TEAM

So much wrong with your post....on so many levels

And if the Eagles called and said they'd offer Murray and Kiko for McCoy back, you'd all say no, right?

Sure there.

I think a lot of people, myself included, like to convince themselves that what they have or the decision they made is the best one and justify it. If we had kept Kiko and signed Murray this thread would be much more in favor of Murray over McCoy but since McCoy is on the team a lot of people are convincing themselves McCoy is better. In reality theyre both really good but good at different things. I think Murray actually fits the Roman system better, based on what he ran in SF (which may not be what he wants to run here) meaning that he is more like Gore than McCoy is but hes oft-injured. McCoy is a game changer though in a way we always hoped Spiller would be. He can get mediocre yards for a large portion of the game and then break a huge run for a TD at any moment. The difference is that we would still have Kiko on the team. While its easy to discredit him because he wasnt on the team last year and he is coming off of an ACL injury its dumb to suggest that you dont want him on the roster. If this same preposition was made for a team none of us care about I think a lot more people would choose Kiko + Murray.

hmmmmm

Was Murray available for trade? Lets keep in mind here that we TRADED for the 3rd best rusher in the league last year when you TRADE for a RB that HAVE to come here.....when someone is a FA they go where they want

Does Murray run behind a all pro offensive line.....im pretty sure he did

Also not talked about here.....last year was the first year Murray was able to stay relatively injury free

Meanwhile.....Shady....much like Thurman Thomas....has a running style that keeps him durable AND AVAILABLE TO HIS TEAM

So much wrong with your post....on so many levels

Did you see Phillys line two years ago when Shady had his big year? Evan Mathis was first team all-pro and Jason Peters was second team.

I think a lot of people, myself included, like to convince themselves that what they have or the decision they made is the best one and justify it. If we had kept Kiko and signed Murray this thread would be much more in favor of Murray over McCoy but since McCoy is on the team a lot of people are convincing themselves McCoy is better. In reality theyre both really good but good at different things. I think Murray actually fits the Roman system better, based on what he ran in SF (which may not be what he wants to run here) meaning that he is more like Gore than McCoy is but hes oft-injured. McCoy is a game changer though in a way we always hoped Spiller would be. He can get mediocre yards for a large portion of the game and then break a huge run for a TD at any moment. The difference is that we would still have Kiko on the team. While its easy to discredit him because he wasnt on the team last year and he is coming off of an ACL injury its dumb to suggest that you dont want him on the roster. If this same preposition was made for a team none of us care about I think a lot more people would choose Kiko + Murray.

Did you see Phillys line two years ago when Shady had his big year? Evan Mathis was first team all-pro and Jason Peters was second team.

That is kinda my point.....

The eagles had all kinds of injuries to their line and McCoy was 3rd in the league in rushing

Murray has his big year behind a very good offensive line

That is kinda my point.....

The eagles had all kinds of injuries to their line and McCoy was 3rd in the league in rushing

Murray has his big year behind a very good offensive line

And Murray is more expensive with more miles and more injury concerns, Kiko will need a new deal as well and no one has seen him play for over twelve months.

It's not the no brainer that some would like us to believe. In fact, it would be a bad trade loudly panned by the national media who would claim Murray is on the decline and Kiko is unproven while Shady is in his prime. That'd be the story, even if it's not true, just like McCoy suddenly being old and on the decline was never a story until he wound up in buffalo.

And Murray is more expensive with more miles and more injury concerns, Kiko will need a new deal as well and no one has seen him play for over twelve months.

It's not the no brainer that some would like us to believe. In fact, it would be a bad trade loudly panned by the national media who would claim Murray is on the decline and Kiko is unproven while Shady is in his prime. That'd be the story, even if it's not true, just like McCoy suddenly being old and on the decline was never a story until he wound up in buffalo.

I just dont understand the thinking (but it is JTSP so why am i so suprised)

Its not about what you would like to have Joe (although I have this sneaking idea that had we got Murray instead of Shady....JTSP would be talking about how Murray is alway hurt......and how Shady is so durable...but I digress)

Where would TBD be without joe_the_six_pack.

Exactly!

A fixture here. i love the old coots, both of them

@CutonDime25: What u think !!!!!!?????? https://t.co/t2F0UdxIHA

Thats a pretty cool post up.

Picture isnt bad either.

I think I am fine with Lesean now.

I put up a big fight when it first happened. Mother Hen-ning Alonso mostly.

Hope he does well under his old coach who hated him and benched him.

But McCoy is going to kick arss, serious arss !

Book it !

Edited by 3rdand12

I agree with some of what you say - I've said myself on here I'm not sure McCoy is a natural fit for Roman's offense based on what he ran in San Fran. However, I think it is a false dichotomy to present this as McCoy vs Murray and Kiko. If the Bills had targeted DeMarco Murray they were entering a bidding war in free agency and there is no guarantee at all that the player would even have considered Buffalo.

In trading for McCoy they controlled the process. They controlled the price (straight swap for Kiko) and they had a much greater level of control on the way the contract would hit their cap - witness the way that a deal had pretty much been worked out for Shady before he got here. This was a decision for the Bills that was about getting their star running back on their own terms.

I am not trying to convince myself that it was the "best decision" it was a decision and I don't think there was another option as a direct alternative. My gut feeling, however, tells me that the most likely alternative to the trade for McCoy was not Kiko and Murray but Kiko and a 2nd/3rd round draft pick at running back.

I heard a rumor from a friend who's neither a Bills nor Eagles fan and is pretty well-connected that Kiko might have a steroids issue. Again, it's a rumor -- but if there's any truth to it, the trade looks even smarter from the Bills' standpoint.

I heard a rumor from a friend who's neither a Bills nor Eagles fan and is pretty well-connected that Kiko might have a steroids issue. Again, it's a rumor -- but if there's any truth to it, the trade looks even smarter from the Bills' standpoint.

i heard from a pretty good source with another team that there was a concern about him within the bills org but he did not know what it was. Could be just the knee, he thought it had something to do with how it occurred but has no confirmation on that. Just fwiw. Edited by YoloinOhio