Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cap hit is crazy. Why the F would we pick up a RB with that much mileage for that much of a cap hit. Yes he is a top 5 RB but he's got like 5 years left at most

He'll be 27 once the season starts and with a lot of mileage. The last good rb who was productive after age 29 (outside of being a rotation guy), ... well, I can't think of one.

Look up the stats for corey dillon, stephen jackson, maurice jones drew, etc. The list of rbs fading really, really fast in their late 20s is long.

Edited by dave mcbride

And no QB to throw Sammy the ball and no spread offense to make huge gaping holes for McCoy. But hey they will look good on paper and sell some jerseys

Shady did his best numbers without a spread offense...

I never said that, you're saying that I said that. If you like go back and read EXACTLY what I said.

I'm not trying to trip you up, I'm trying to have a conversation. Your point #6 made it clear that Bradham only developed because of Kiko -- which I pointed out isn't entirely true since he had his best year while Kiko is on the IR. Chemistry is important, but not so much in professional sports. Bradham won't forget to lift because Kiko isn't there setting a good example.

you seem to be the one annoying multiple here

:lol: Common sense and rationality has a tendency to do that on this board.

Unless roman runs a dynamic offense predicated on misdirection and hard to account for packages.

Yes. Ground and pound does not have to mean literally pounding a 260 lb. FB into the line of scrimmage for 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

It just means we are going to run the ball a lot.

Any good RB with any style can fit that mold.

Trade your superstar LB for a 27 RB on the decline. Running back by far the easiest position to fill by far. Whaley is a !@#$ing moron. Get him out of here!

Let's not pay Hughes but pony up for McCoys $12 million cap hit. So dumb.

Kiko was not a superstar. Only in buffalo. Lets see how much we hear about him now that he is gone. ACL tears happen again more often than not

Also i honestly feel like the bills didn't franchise Hughes for a reason. Wait for Sat

Take a breath step off the ledge and enjoy 2015

Remember the old "I know this is crazy, but if you were to trade Kiko, what could you get?" thread? Well, I miss those days. Not a huge fan as this looks short sighted, but I'm in a bit of shock. I may come around.

I like it but hate to lose Alonso. Philly fans hate the trade. In 2013 Shady led the league but had a falling out with Kelly . We got one of the best backs in the league but the jury will be out on this one. A lot of descent in Philly.

Edited by seq004

I'm not sure if I'm more shocked by the trade or that the board is so split. Shady is one of the top playmakers in the league and our defense is already elite without Alonso. We added an all-pro weapon without giving up a thing (except cap space).

I just can't over how much better this roster looks from just three or four years ago. There are all-pro players up and down the roster; this looks more like a potential playoff team than an arena league roster for the first time since the early-2000's. I think Whaley is taking some risk, but I think you have to to get a team over the hump. I think this team is starting to have the look and feel of a Seattle/San Francisco roster.

This trade shows who is in charge in Buffalo, and it ain't Whaley. This is ALL Rex Ryan. Whaley is not trading his best draft pick (based on draft slot) for a RB.

This trade shows who is in charge in Buffalo, and it ain't Whaley. This is ALL Rex Ryan. Whaley is not trading his best draft pick (based on draft slot) for a RB.

You don't know that at all. This could easily have been Whaley fielding a call from Kelly (I would almost bet it was), liking the idea because Kiko may not have a role in this defense, and then bringing it to Roman and Rex and them saying hell yeah.

Love this trade. Lots of solid linebackers can be had through free agency. Rex will have the defense in shape regardless. Now we have a truly elite running threat.

EDIT: I am assuming they bring back Hughes when I say this.

Edited by billsfaninmanhattan