Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

What exactly are you pissed about? They had the number 4 ranked defense without Kiko last year and are getting back the leagues leading rusher over the last 2-3 years

I can list a lot but Ai'll try to give some quick answers.

1. Not confident in re-signing Hughes.

2. Other available RBs in free agency (Ingram for one) that are more than serviceable for just money compensation.

3. Helping Philly out of a big cap hit, they have been trying to unload McCoy for awhile now.

4. RBs have been a devalued position now for quite some time, not the biggest need at this time for us.

5. While McCoy is a top RB he has quite some miles on him, window of availability is shorter than longer and is more susceptable to injury at his age.

6. A big part of Bradham's resurgence is DIRECTLY connected to Kiko, Alonso reinvigorated Bradham, so much so to the point that Bradham called Alonso his brother.

7. Our best years were because we had great LBs. How many great RBs has this franchise have just let come and go??!

8. The Bills sure have made this a 'business'! I hope that they are prepared to spend some of that fukking money on some quality FAs, they better not just stop here!

9. Because the Bills sure know how to break my fukking balls!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well; this changes the thinking a little bit, not crazy about the trade, only because of the Cap hit. But as others have said that can be changed.

He is a top 5 back = Good

but they better go out and get a guard (and I mean a good guard) and a RT tackle (someone to fill in a yr or two while Henderson matures)

Going to be an interesting FA period Folks!!!!

Because they're trading a potential Pro Bowl LB for a RB (already a Pro Bowl player) who has already played 6 seasons. He's on borrowed time.

or a below average LB...you don't know. McCoy is proven and in his prime. Borrowed time? Alonzo is the one coming off major knee injury

I've maintained that Alonso was overrated and I still believe it. McCoy is 26. He had 1,900 yards over the past 2 seasons, in which he missed zero games.

As much as I did NOT want the Bills to let Spiller go, I'm happy with this trade and I think the Bills are the winners.

I can list a lot but Ai'll try to give some quick answers.

6. A big part of Bradham's resurgence is DIRECTLY connected to Kiko, Alonso reinvigorated Bradham, so much so to the point that Bradham called Alonso his brother.

This isn't entirely true. Bradham played his best football last season when Kiko was on the IR.

McCoy had like 1300 yards last year. Right?

Our D was damn good w/o kiko playing a single down.

True, but now you have to wonder about Spikes and Hughes. You would think if Kiko was traded Spikes has some leverage with only 2 starting LB's in what could end up being a 3-4 defense. Hughes could benefit as well but not as much as Spikes. Unless they want Hughes as one of the 4 LB's.

Edited by The Wiz

It's going to be really interesting to see what the plan is at QB. On the one hand, having a top tier RB means that they can run a low risk passing game with a half decent veteran (or even EJ). On the other hand, this is an "all in" move, so you really can't take any chances.

I just bought my Alonso jersey! He was the safest jersey to buy......So I thought. Crap.

Dude, just go with a classic. I got burned on active players too. Now I've got a Smith #78 that will never go out of style.

or a below average LB...you don't know. McCoy is proven and in his prime. Borrowed time? Alonzo is the one coming off major knee injury

And it's the second time he's had that injury, to the same knee.

But, facts are not important right now in this great time of crisis in Bills land.

Shady is just entering the prime years for a RB.

Only concern is he's had 350+ touches the last two years. Guys normally get that in the late 20s and its part of the wall.

We are betting McCoy is pretty indestructible and kiko isn't going to hold up. Not a crazy bet, but could easily blow up too.