WGR's Buscaglia moving to Channel 7

Joe B is ok in my book. I will miss him on WGR - as another out of town guy - most of my bills information and bills talk comes from WGR - does anyone know if he will still be doing work for WGR - here in South Florida many of the radio and tv guys double dip and have both radio and tv gigs.

Wish him well, but happy to see him leave WGR. He is highly inarticulate, the king of the malapropism and his overuse of the phrase, "by no means," drove me up a wall. He seems like a truly good guy, but he simply does not possess the spontaneous verbal fluidity needed of a professional radio personality.

As an unabashed critique of the garbage media in this town, JB is the only one who puts in the extra effort to actually not rehash everyone's work. He seemingly works endlessly, he bases his opinion, unlike most other idiots, on facts he's researched himself, he's style is intentionally accessible, again unlike the arrogant tools on that channel and at the snooze. Put it this way, anyone who watches as much tape as this guy and puts together his own ranking system is a pro in my book. That's why more than others who rely on what they did in college and their job as all the life-long learning they need. Good for him, I knew and said before he wasn't long for that hack station and he won't be long for this little league market, book it.

If you're bashing this guy, I'm afraid to ask who's good in this town?

You kind of made my point for me. If Joe B. really watches as much tape as he says he does, it's more proof to me that he doesn't know what he is looking at. He is always riding the fence, and offers nothing of substance. Ranking prospects and creating mock drafts is fairly easy to do ... nearly anyone can do it. Scouting their talents and weaknesses is a bit more of an acquired skill.
WGR always presented Joe B to be some sort of draftnik, which he is far from. So I am bashing this aspect of his work, not him as a person or as an employee ... or even as a soon-to-be desk anchor. Like I said, the Channel 7 gig will probably be a much better fit for him.
And he may even move on to bigger and better things - I hope he does. I just feel very comfortable in saying he won't likely end up analyzing the draft for ESPN or NFL network. And as for the "who IS good" question ... the Big Cat and I are on the same radio frequency again ... Sal Capaccio is a thousand times more knowledgeable and opinionated. Sal has experience coaching the sport, and it shows.

Don't confuse effort with results.

Exactamundo.

You kind of made my point for me. If Joe B. really watches as much tape as he says he does, it's more proof to me that he doesn't know what he is looking at. He is always riding the fence, and offers nothing of substance. Ranking prospects and creating mock drafts is fairly easy to do ... nearly anyone can do it. Scouting their talents and weaknesses is a bit more of an acquired skill.
WGR always presented Joe B to be some sort of draftnik, which he is far from. So I am bashing this aspect of his work, not him as a person or as an employee ... or even as a soon-to-be desk anchor. Like I said, the Channel 7 gig will probably be a much better fit for him.
And he may even move on to bigger and better things - I hope he does. I just feel very comfortable in saying he won't likely end up analyzing the draft for ESPN or NFL network. And as for the "who IS good" question ... the Big Cat and I are on the same radio frequency again ... Sal Capaccio is a thousand times more knowledgeable and opinionated. Sal has experience coaching the sport, and it shows.

Exactamundo.

And this is what he had to say about Alonso/McCoy:

http://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia/status/572906110446927872

So, you know. Guy definitely knows his stuff.

And this is what he had to say about Alonso/McCoy:

http://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia/status/572906110446927872

So, you know. Guy definitely knows his stuff.

egads on both counts. Unless Foles is included in the package, I am dumbfounded.

I guess it amounts to two guys who are not good fits for what their current coaching staffs want to do scheme-wise ... Shady is probably an exact hybrid of Fred and CJ ... tough like Fred but more true speed like CJ has in abundance.

And he has been more productive than the two of them combined.

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp

I've always liked the morning show the best, but when will Howard Simon allow Jeremy White's name to be included in the shows name?

It is really weird, but I doubt it'll change since they've been together over 10 years now.

Joe B. can talk a lot while saying nothing.

He often comes across like just another fan with as much insight and breaking news (none).

When Bills stories have broken, I have often wondered "Where was Joe B. with that?" The guy is allegedly a professional media member and an insider. He knows as much about what is really going on at OBD as I do, and I live 1,500 miles away.

Lastly, I too found the comments in the article about Joe B. graduating from Buf. State to be hilarious.

He most definitely comes across on the air as an FSU alum and talks about them and his connection to the school all the time.

That's strange and someone should be telling this kid to stop that. It's unprofessional and it casts a shadow on his character.

He is always riding the fence, and offers nothing of substance. Ranking prospects and creating mock drafts is fairly easy to do ... nearly anyone can do it.

I think this is very well stated. He gets interviewed on the station as an insider and draft expert, which is really weird, because he often just says the obvious. This whole, "not graduating from FSU" thing is pretty funny though. When he talks about them so incessantly, does he mean that...he's just a fan?

He never says anything shocking, and I specifically recall during the Marrone preseason spat, Joe B. offered no insight, even though he claimed to be right there.

Wait... I found it. Attended FSU, but did not graduate. While that's humorous, it's nowhere near the incredible "Built contacts in the banking world" description from his position as a bank teller!

lQjFIt2.jpg

As an unabashed critique of the garbage media in this town, JB is the only one who puts in the extra effort to actually not rehash everyone's work. He seemingly works endlessly, he bases his opinion, unlike most other idiots, on facts he's researched himself, he's style is intentionally accessible, again unlike the arrogant tools on that channel and at the snooze. Put it this way, anyone who watches as much tape as this guy and puts together his own ranking system is a pro in my book. That's why more than others who rely on what they did in college and their job as all the life-long learning they need. Good for him, I knew and said before he wasn't long for that hack station and he won't be long for this little league market, book it.

If you're bashing this guy, I'm afraid to ask who's good in this town?

I agree with this. I like Joe. I take him for what he is. A young guy who was asked to become a "Draft Expert". He seems to work hard and his opinions are logical and he does seem to come up with some original ideas. He's a bit of a dork, so not sure TV is the best place for him. But good luck to him. I think it is a big loss to GR especially heading into the draft.

I agree that Joe B may not translate well to TV. His delivery is still halting and tentitive. Were I his News Director I'd tell him to stick to nouns and verbs and if he wants to use an adjective to call me at home. He's a hard worker though.

My thought is he might be better suited to TV, in that there won't be as much ad-libbing. He can just work on reading the teleprompter, and he'll have less of a chance to infuse "by no means" into every other sentence.