Same Old Bills

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good teams find ways to keep their good players and not let them just leave.

Fixed.

In Whaley I trust. Many people sang the same song when we let Jairus Byrd walk. And Whaley won. Some will sing it again when Spiller walks. I suspect Whaley has a plan. Draft or scheme or FA, I think we will be okay here.

Breathe dood. Breathe.

Here we go again. We have a very good, young talent that we are just letting go. Jerry will walk away and we now have another hole to fill. Good teams find ways to keep their good players and not let them just leave. We will be back on that never ending cycle of having to replace top talent. It's not like we don't have the cap space to have kept him.

and you are basing this on ...

Wah. Wah.

Wahhhhh ... wahhh ... wah

Wahhhhhhhhhhhh. Wah ................ wah .... whaaaaa ....

Wah. Wah.

Wah. Wah.

Wah. Wah.

Wah. Wah.

Wah. Wah.

Wah. Wah.

that's a lot of effort , should have youtubed it.

Here we go again. We have a very good, young talent that we are just letting go. Jerry will walk away and we now have another hole to fill. Good teams find ways to keep their good players and not let them just leave. We will be back on that never ending cycle of having to replace top talent. It's not like we don't have the cap space to have kept him.

Hughes is not worth the franchise tag money. Is he good? Yes. That $ good? No.

With all due respect jumbalaya you have to just chill. Maybe the Bills just want to see what the open market is before they sign him.

Didn't realize we were the only team who lost talent to free agency.

Where the hell did super Mario come from?!

(who ever overpays for Jerry ain't getting a super Mario....)

As long as we keep Mario, Marcel, Kiko and Gilmore on D, I'm good. The four listed make good team mates look great.

Edited by JaxBills

I really like Hughes but someone will overpay him and I'm hoping it's not us. We need to go sign a couple more OL who can play the game plus address QB, RB, S and TE either through FA or the draft. It's the Levitre question all over again. We shouldn't overpay a player even if he is better than average.

Fixed.

In Whaley I trust. Many people sang the same song when we let Jairus Byrd walk. And Whaley won. Some will sing it again when Spiller walks. I suspect Whaley has a plan. Draft or scheme or FA, I think we will be okay here.

Breathe dood. Breathe.

:thumbsup:

I'm more disappointed that they didn't lock up Spiller or Search to team-friendly deals last year, although in Spiller's case the injury probably made discussions impossible. Hughes played himself into a monster contract and we already have too many resources tied up at that position group.

Why pay for Revis?? Graham, McKelvin, Robey played well last season. With a dominant pass rush you really don't need to pony up for Revis. Would I use that money for Suh, HELL YES!! Kyle Williams is on the downswing and having a DLine with Suh and Dareus for years would be terrifying to opponents.

Has Jerry walked yet?

Why pay for Revis?? Graham, McKelvin, Robey played well last season. With a dominant pass rush you really don't need to pony up for Revis. Would I use that money for Suh, HELL YES!! Kyle Williams is on the downswing and having a DLine with Suh and Dareus for years would be terrifying to opponents.

While I agree that we shouldnt pay for Revis, I dont think Suh is reasonable either. He's going to command twice as much as Hughes will.

Signing Suh basically means we have to let Dareus walk. Cant have Mario's ~$100mil contract, Suh's ~$100mil contract, and Dareus's ~$100mil contract all on the same line.