Trent Richardson story getting messy in Indy

YoloinOhio

I'm not sure that you are correct in your supposition & it is definitely something that would be appealed if his contract were voided. This has the potential to get messy as the thread title points out.

I could be wrong, but if I was the arbitrator, I would simply ask him if he texted anyone else that day describing his whereabouts and why he didn't contact his employer, as he is contractually bound to do.

What's his defense? I never at any time had the opportunity to make a call to my employer? That is completely unbelievable. Thta's why the Colts are going to void him.

Edited by Mr. WEO

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong, but if I was the arbitrator, I would simply ask him if he texted anyone else that day describing his whereabouts and why he didn't contact his employer, as he is contractually bound to do.

What's his defense? I never at any time had the opportunity to make a call to my employer? That is completely unbelievable. Thta's why the Colts are going to void him.

It is one reason that they might void the contract. The main reason, as you know, would be that the guy has sucked as a player.

Indy doesn't need another public relations nightmare and I'd be surprised if they voided his contract as the writer supposes.

Trent Richardson has some of the worst vision I've ever seen in a RB. That is not hyperbole. There was a kid at Ohio State many years ago - Raymont Harris IIRC - who would only run to where the hole was supposed to be. If it was two feet to the side he'd run straight into the back of his lineman. His vision was worse. He also didn't have nearly the other physical skills TR has. TR's balance and ability to cut/change direction is phenomenal. Again, no hyperbole, some of the best I've ever seen. The problem is that he doesnt have much chance to use the skills that could make him special because he can't do one of the most rudimentary things required of a RB - quickly find the hole. Sadly, that's not a skill that can be developed much. You have it or you don't.

All that said, Indy is obviously trying to loophole him here. They made a bad decision trading for him and are just trying whatever they can to get out of paying him that last $3M. Pretty crappy considering the circumstances, but I can't say that Irsay strikes me as a guy who thinks much beyond himself.

Edited by BarleyNY

Cherry on top.

After all the went from Manning to Luck basically. hard to feel sorry for them as a fan base!!

no kidding. But they are spoiled. Going to the playoffs every year is taken for granted. They hate life because they can't beat the Pats. Edited by YoloinOhio

I think he could have informed them. But, not knowing the whole story, it seems like the punishment doesn't fit the crime considering his circumstances.

Well, the punishment is the suspension. That just happens to open the can of worms with the option to void. If he got docked a game it would be over the top a little but little outrage - but he signed a deal that makes that a huge deal

It is one reason that they might void the contract. The main reason, as you know, would be that the guy has sucked as a player.

Indy doesn't need another public relations nightmare and I'd be surprised if they voided his contract as the writer supposes.

3.1 million is a lot of PR to swallow. Do the fans in Indy side with Richardson on this? I doubt it--and if not, why then would the Colts care what the rest of the (non ticket buying) world thinks? Small story in a huge news cycle.

They are getting rid of him. Should they reward his failure to uphold the specifics of his contract because they don't want to look bad? I would say yes if there was no way he could contact the team that day. But that isn't the case. Unless he was pushing the about to deliver baby back into the uterus and holding it there...all day, he could have called, and clearly chose not to.

I'm not being callous, I'm speaking from personal experience in this very situation. I don't see a successful defense here.

3.1 million is a lot of PR to swallow. Do the fans in Indy side with Richardson on this? I doubt it--and if not, why then would the Colts care what the rest of the (non ticket buying) world thinks? Small story in a huge news cycle.

They are getting rid of him. Should they reward his failure to uphold the specifics of his contract because they don't want to look bad? I would say yes if there was no way he could contact the team that day. But that isn't the case. Unless he was pushing the about to deliver baby back into the uterus and holding it there...all day, he could have called, and clearly chose not to.

I'm not being callous, I'm speaking from personal experience in this very situation. I don't see a successful defense here.

ultimately, if he was playing great, hed get away with it.

but since they want to cut him they will find any infraction and roll with it. its their right, and for 3.1m in both cash and i assume cap space, its hard to blame them.

If TRich came here and had success, colts fans would lose their minds after the Hughes thing.

Marrone is gone so the same kind of transformation Hughes had (thanks to Marrone) is unlikely to reoccur.

What was the Marrone family member's name who posted here after the pull out? She/he said that the defense was Marrone's.

Its really hard to teach instinct and TR doesn't have it...he is powerful and fast but can't find a hole unless its the designed play...If I were the Bills I would go after another Bama product Mark Ingram. He's got some injury history but pretty low miles in the pros. Hits the hole hard, excellent cut back and vision, showed he can catch and he is peaking. Something like 4 years $16 million, $8 million guaranteed. Make him the centerpiece of the bully running game. When Anthony Lynn, Roman and Kromer look at the end of the season tape on Ingram they will see Frank Gore with less miles.

The Bills need a workhorse running back bad (what a change from 2 years ago) but runners will be falling all over themselves to work with Roman...The Bills will run about 600 running plays in the upcoming year (a total reversal from last year's ratio) ... We need 4 backs to split about 550 carries (QB designed runs will be about 3 times a game) -- Ingram 275, Brown 100, Fred 125, Dixon 50...backs will also catch about 80 balls this upcoming year -- that's a lot of touches to go around.

The offensive identity is to put the QB in a position to make uncontested plays in the pass game -- the only way I know to do this is to keep the running game the focus and make the QB enough of a threat to run that the D is on their heels. The Bills need another strong guard to make this work -- but they are almost ready to role.

Its really hard to teach instinct and TR doesn't have it...he is powerful and fast but can't find a hole unless its the designed play...If I were the Bills I would go after another Bama product Mark Ingram. He's got some injury history but pretty low miles in the pros. Hits the hole hard, excellent cut back and vision, showed he can catch and he is peaking. Something like 4 years $16 million, $8 million guaranteed. Make him the centerpiece of the bully running game. When Anthony Lynn, Roman and Kromer look at the end of the season tape on Ingram they will see Frank Gore with less miles.

The Bills need a workhorse running back bad (what a change from 2 years ago) but runners will be falling all over themselves to work with Roman...The Bills will run about 600 running plays in the upcoming year (a total reversal from last year's ratio) ... We need 4 backs to split about 550 carries (QB designed runs will be about 3 times a game) -- Ingram 275, Brown 100, Fred 125, Dixon 50...backs will also catch about 80 balls this upcoming year -- that's a lot of touches to go around.

The offensive identity is to put the QB in a position to make uncontested plays in the pass game -- the only way I know to do this is to keep the running game the focus and make the QB enough of a threat to run that the D is on their heels. The Bills need another strong guard to make this work -- but they are almost ready to role.

He is overweight. Watch Lynch when he put on weight.