Salary Cap Thread

eball

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a better guard gets cut or becomes a realistic trade possibility, I can guarantee they'll find a way- they have proven it this offseason. Cutting Chris Williams is an option that will give them a little space. Then, there's always Mario if they want to make another big splash. That said, I don't think the line is as bad as people think- a couple more draft picks and some 2nd year player improvement and we're off and running.

I'd assume that Harvin and Clay take up the remaining cap space. So no guard unless we unload a couple more players.

guard is still in play, if wanted -- if we sign one, williams is definitely gone and that offsets any hit.

Harvin's #'s are in, but not Clay's

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Cap Space (w/Top 51 & Projected Draft Pool) $9,565,629

Man, just looking at a few other teams is interesting.

The Saint's just have to do something with Jahri Evans ($11 million cap hit). I'm sure the Bills could offer a helping hand here...

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/cap/

so we have money.....get another vet OL please

the $9,565,629 is BEFORE Clays $ have been tallied in.

Man, just looking at a few other teams is interesting.

The Saint's just have to do something with Jahri Evans ($11 million cap hit). I'm sure the Bills could offer a helping hand here...

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/cap/

yes, quite interesting ....

the $9,565,629 is BEFORE Clays $ have been tallied in.

Doesn't Clay's deal call for a $12m cap hit this year? Seems when his numbers are factored in, we will be in the hole about $2.5m. Might be time to ask Mario for a little relief.

GO BILLS!!!

Doesn't Clay's deal call for a $12m cap hit this year? Seems when his numbers are factored in, we will be in the hole about $2.5m. Might be time to ask Mario for a little relief.

GO BILLS!!!

BF4E keeps using the top 51 plus the rookie pool. without the rookie pool we still have wiggle room since they will all be very cheap (ie almost all being less than 51st highest paid, with our top pick probably being 2-300k more.... acounting for a 3m bump isnt needed) Edited by NoSaint

BF4E keeps using the top 51 plus the rookie pool. without the rookie pool we still have wiggle room since they will all be very cheap (ie almost all being less than 51st highest paid, with our top pick probably being 2-300k more.... acounting for a 3m bump isnt needed)

yes sir I do, Before the draft that is correct. BUT in 4 weeks time you do have to factor that in.

If I make a mistake otherwise I know you are here to correct them! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

This is actually a pretty accurate breakdown. There are a few avenues to lower the hit next year he didn't explore (i.e. signing Gilmore long term), but it does illustrate some of the issues we'll face in the near future. More importantly, it illustrates these issues are, in fact, real -- and they won't go away by pretending Pegula has some mythical accounting powers that the other 30 billionaire owners in the league don't possess.

The most glaring problem to me is that while we will be fighting to stay under the cap in the upcoming years, these figures don't allocate any future spending for anything more than a stopgap QB.