Vincent Jackson could be cut...

YoloinOhio

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Bills need a big veteran WR to compliment and mentor our young receiving corp. Of the guys who could be available who best fits the bill?

Woods, Hogan, Goodwin are going into year 3 and Watkins year 2. I disagree that they need a mentor. They are just fine as they are. Besides M Williams was here and that didn't seem to help or hurt at all. Would be a waste.

Woods, Hogan, Goodwin are going into year 3 and Watkins year 2. I disagree that they need a mentor. They are just fine as they are. Besides M Williams was here and that didn't seem to help or hurt at all. Would be a waste.

Agreed. Both Woods and Watkins were the most mature and "pro ready" prospects in each of their drafts. They dont need a mentor. They need a quality OC.

An excellent player for sure but I think our money is better spent elsewhere than WR. I really liked what Hogan had to offer as our #3 last year and would like to see Sammy, Woods and Hogan be our main guys. Spend the money on the glaring issues of OL and TE first in FA and then have freedom in the draft to get a good, young RB, a second or third round QB, and fill in the depth with the rest.

If he's willing to come for say $5M, then lets do it, but I think he'll still command more in the $8M range.

I know that I am a Hogan hater but he's a low end 3 or a valuable 4. I think that he was in the 90's in terms of catches and yards (while remaining healthy). You need a top 3 receiving threat still whether it be a WR or TE. Those positions are virtually interchangeable in many ways. They need a big target either way.

I know that I am a Hogan hater but he's a low end 3 or a valuable 4. I think that he was in the 90's in terms of catches and yards (while remaining healthy). You need a top 3 receiving threat still whether it be a WR or TE. Those positions are virtually interchangeable in many ways. They need a big target either way.

He barely played four games.

Vincent Jackson WAS an excellent receiver. Now, he's on the wrong side of 30 (32 going on 33) and just getting older and slower. Buffalo doesn't need another guy to catch the ball. They need to be able to rely on the quarterback that can get the ball to the guys we already have. Whether that's EJ or someone else, I don't claim to know. I'll take Watkins, Woods, and Hogan at this point and hope that the Bills find someone to replace Chandler at TE.

No , they need another WR.

Preferably big and a respected threat.

Hogan is not going to threaten deep or high point the endzone toss.

I like the guy.

But Bills need another Type of receiver. and we dont know what is going on with Goodwin.
i still wish i knew what happened with M Williams and Marrone last year. he was that Type of receiver Bills are missing

Line, in my opinion, should always be first I think we can agree on that. But...

I'm not going to sit here and say, the Bills need to pick up someone at guard to solidify it. They can do many things to solidify the position. They can draft a guy, pick up a mid-tier free agent or they can stick with something in house. Who are any of us to say what the best course of action is, because the fact is we have young prospects on this team that have potential and given limited chances.

Here is the thing, why couldn't you do BOTH in one offseason? Fact is, the better the pass catchers, the better the QB most likely will look from them making better plays.

Btw, I am all for chasing after one of four tight ends: Thomas, Cameron, Gresham or Clay. In that order.

I think the Bills are secretly going to pick up a WR either high in the draft or a starting caliber one in FA.

Other teams will value him higher than we could justify. I could see a playoff caliber team who think they're a WR -away from advancing further (panthers), a team with a young QB looking for a veteran target (raiders), or a team looking to swap their #1 targets from a smaller timing guy to a bigger "open when covered" guy (Miami) Edited by JTSP

i didn't think he would still command that much but maybe so. We definitely need another WR though. They brought in Mike Williams for this role and we need to replace him, even though he wasn't used - he should have been.

Also hogan is a RFA. No guarantees he is back. I'd rather not add another rookie to the mix; a vet is needed in that group.

Hogan is an Exclusive Rights Free Agent. He's not going anywhere.

If any wide receiver comes cheap, maybe. The Bills have too many spots to fill on offense to spend more on WR. A team only needs to have adequate wide receivers to compete. An upgrade at TE would be far more important and obviously QB.

I think their are better FA receivers to chose from. I would say get another good guard like Iupati and a QB. Those are more pressing needs. It'd be nice to get those taken care of first

Edited by SJDK

I disagree, beyond Sammie and Woods we do not have much. Even Woods has not shown he is a true game breaking receiver yet. A huge RedZone target like Jackson would fill this wide out group out nicely imo.

I am sorry I disagree with this. Hogan is solid and so is Goodwin (if he can stay healthy) I am afraid Hogan will show up on the Patriots some day and take over the Welker roll like J did and burn us all over the field. We need a QB and you would actually see how good our receivers are. But I do agree a TE should be priority over a WR

I am sorry I disagree with this. Hogan is solid and so is Goodwin (if he can stay healthy) I am afraid Hogan will show up on the Patriots some day and take over the Welker roll like J did and burn us all over the field. We need a QB and you would actually see how good our receivers are. But I do agree a TE should be priority over a WR

That's a huge IF on Goodwin and even then he is only situational to stretch the field on passing downs.

Hogan is always good for 6 yards (when it's 3rd and 7).

I am sorry but we need a real 3rd WR in the mix and Mike Williams was pretty much this guy. A TE is going to do a lot but a 3rd WR is big, too.