Vincent Jackson could be cut...

YoloinOhio

For cap reasons. He's 32 but I think he makes a ton of sense if we can sign him. Get WR to add to a very going group, big RZ target, still has years left, has been productive with middling QBs in TB.

@nfl: Cap cuts could make EIGHT high-profile WRs available this offseason (via @AroundTheNFL): http://t.co/JgRcpATFzdhttp://t.co/VjyiBImWlu

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

always liked his game but we've done enough investing in WR. 2 firsts and a 2nd last 2 years (or 3 years depending how you record 2015 1st).

Better to save the money and invest in TE

I disagree, beyond Sammie and Woods we do not have much. Even Woods has not shown he is a true game breaking receiver yet. A huge RedZone target like Jackson would fill this wide out group out nicely imo.

Guys - I've watched him live for a few years here and here is the tough part of a Bucs fan with VJax. He will make some amazing catches that are ESPN highlight reels, and then he drops ones right in the breadbasket.

I would rather take a run at Lupati fr Guard shoring up the line, and then Julius Thomas at TE. That would improve our line give us a big red zone threat, and the last of it in free agency is do a three way trade for Nick Foles. Philly trades with Tampa or TN depending upon whether Tampa takes Winston, they give away the farm to get Mariano, need draft picks back, and we get Foles.

Now we have a mean and nasty line, a real franchise QB, and an excellent TE on top of a healthy Watkins and Woods. With a real push at the line our new RB's Dixon and Brown can show progress. I doubt Spiller will be here. Fred is getting old and most likely his last year ( my favorite player but you can't hide from father time).

Whatever draft picks we have left we continue to beef up the offense, and draft in a later round a project QB.

Guys - I've watched him live for a few years here and here is the tough part of a Bucs fan with VJax. He will make some amazing catches that are ESPN highlight reels, and then he drops ones right in the breadbasket.

I would rather take a run at Lupati fr Guard shoring up the line, and then Julius Thomas at TE.

Sounds a lot like Stevie. No thanks.

Why would you rather take a run at someone who doesn't exist?

An excellent player for sure but I think our money is better spent elsewhere than WR. I really liked what Hogan had to offer as our #3 last year and would like to see Sammy, Woods and Hogan be our main guys. Spend the money on the glaring issues of OL and TE first in FA and then have freedom in the draft to get a good, young RB, a second or third round QB, and fill in the depth with the rest.

If he's willing to come for say $5M, then lets do it, but I think he'll still command more in the $8M range.

I disagree, beyond Sammie and Woods we do not have much. Even Woods has not shown he is a true game breaking receiver yet. A huge RedZone target like Jackson would fill this wide out group out nicely imo.

If we have a WR-rich team like that then we're back to the question of who's going to distribute the ball to them? Unlikely EJ or someone we bring in like Sanchez makes good use of them. This offense needs better interior linemen ... Incognito helped but he's not enough. And an upgrade at TE. Get those and watch the run and pass game markedly improve no matter which of our QB alternatives is back there Edited by JTSP

(psst. Nobody is the grammar / spelling police more than I. But on TBD his name has been officially Lupati for a couple weeks, at least. Some OP misspelled it in the thread title, we had a little fun, and the name just stuck. Please use the search function . . . .)

:nana:

Edited by maddenboy

Sounds a lot like Stevie. No thanks.

I think there is a pretty big difference between VJax and SJ.

VJax would be a nice addition, but as other point out, it's probably not priority given other needs.

(psst. Nobody is the grammar / spelling police more than I. But on TBD his name has been officially Lupati for a couple weeks, at least. Some OP misspelled it in the thread title, we had a little fun, and the name just stuck. Please use the search function . . . .)

:nana:

Then please don't be a maroon and just call him by his right name: Lou Potti.

An excellent player for sure but I think our money is better spent elsewhere than WR. I really liked what Hogan had to offer as our #3 last year and would like to see Sammy, Woods and Hogan be our main guys. Spend the money on the glaring issues of OL and TE first in FA and then have freedom in the draft to get a good, young RB, a second or third round QB, and fill in the depth with the rest.

If he's willing to come for say $5M, then lets do it, but I think he'll still command more in the $8M range.

i didn't think he would still command that much but maybe so. We definitely need another WR though. They brought in Mike Williams for this role and we need to replace him, even though he wasn't used - he should have been.

Also hogan is a RFA. No guarantees he is back. I'd rather not add another rookie to the mix; a vet is needed in that group.

Edited by YoloinOhio

IF he wants to come super cheap, and IF he can be happy being the #3 guy, I might think about it. But Im not too confident that he'd uphold either of those conditions so probably not.

He's always seemed like a diva, so I doubt picking up the scrap catches from Watkins, Woods, and whatever TE we bring in, will keep him happy and quiet.

I'd take (a healthy) VJ in a half-a-heartbeat...Our top 4 would be awfully impressive with Sammy, Woods, VJ, and Hogan...

All depends on what you can get him for...If all the vet WR's hit the market like it's being rumored things could get interesting...I think the Bills have to spend elsewhere first...But if they can land a guy like Jackson at a bargain rate why not? B-)

If we have a WR-rich team like that then we're back to the question of who's going to distribute the ball to them? Unlikely EJ or someone we bring in like Sanchez makes good use of them. This offense needs better interior linemen ... Incognito helped but he's not enough. And an upgrade at TE. Get those and watch the run and pass game markedly improve no matter which of our QB alternatives is back there

Line, in my opinion, should always be first I think we can agree on that. But...

I'm not going to sit here and say, the Bills need to pick up someone at guard to solidify it. They can do many things to solidify the position. They can draft a guy, pick up a mid-tier free agent or they can stick with something in house. Who are any of us to say what the best course of action is, because the fact is we have young prospects on this team that have potential and given limited chances.

Here is the thing, why couldn't you do BOTH in one offseason? Fact is, the better the pass catchers, the better the QB most likely will look from them making better plays.

Btw, I am all for chasing after one of four tight ends: Thomas, Cameron, Gresham or Clay. In that order.

I think the Bills are secretly going to pick up a WR either high in the draft or a starting caliber one in FA.

Edited by DukeyBomb