Who else needs to be brought in to "Build a Bully"?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a bit off topic but does anybody else hate the term "bully" as an identity for the team? I don't hate it because of all the anti-bully stuff that's in the air these days, I hate it because all you have to do to stop a bully is punch him in the mouth. Is that the type of identity the Bills want as a team? Smack them back and they fold?

Go punch a few and see what happens.

See All things INcognito

is that your thread? you keep peddling it on other topic threads...

We need another guard and a RB. Dixon might be the tough runner they need. CJ, Fred, and Brown are all below average to awful. Fred is going to drop off the cliff very soon. Wouldn't be surprised if he is a trainging camp cut - though I would not be surprised if he is the Game 1 starter as you can't count this guy out.

They need to re-sign Searcy at a reasonable deal and play him in the box.

the bills wont cut fjax...he'll retire a bill

No, it is not. I was trying to be helpful to new members.

Being new maybe you've seen the MODS tell people to use the SEARCH function?

That post is often found in the last post of LOCKED threads.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

How does one go about volunteering to be a Modorator?

I would love to be one if there is a need

CBF

Whats bill romanowski up to these days?

CBF

Probably something CRAZY!

Actually, he's on Colin Cowherd quite a bit and he doesn't sound like he's rabid or drooling, but he does say he thinks he's had HUNDREDS of concussions. And he wouldn't change a thing. They make their choices, don't come back with law suits.

As for Bullies a/k/a tough guys (a term I like better), re-sign Spikes. He's not an every down player, but his attitude seems to affect every down.

Youre not a mod...

But Ok. Good intent taken, i just thought you might be trolling posts to bolster your own

Edited by Uffalo Ills

Iupati ($8)& Gore ($3) from SF

David Harris ($5) LB from the Jets to be qb of defense and replace spikes.

Greg Hardy ($10) to replace hughes.

Julius Thomas ($8) or Jermain Gresham ($6) TE

Sounds to me like we're trying to BUY a bully. -Not Build one... Terrible idea if you ask me... Aren't teams supposed to BUILD through the draft... Seems like too many are giving up on the '15 draft, when there's loads of buried treasure in it. If Rex Ryan is such an awesome coach, why not let him ply his trade on some talented rookies???

Wanna build a Bully? -Find something that SCARES SOMEBODY. Gronk, for example is a scary dude for a DC to game-plan around... Jamaal Charles is pretty scary too... Both were drafted, not snagged in F/A..... Is it too much to ask for our scouts to LOCATE the scary kids that nobody knows, as opposed to OBD choosing the not-so-scary-because-everybody-knows-what-you've-got-plus-there's-no guarantee-you're-not-passed-prime-or-damaged-goods types available in F/A???

We could be going about this thing all wrong. -Just a thought.

Edited by #34fan

We have $24.46 million under the cap which ranks us 9th behind the Jags, Browns, etc. I think with new ownership, Rex, Thurmon, and Roman as coaches, and a stellar defense, will make Buffalo finally a more attractive place for free agents.

The top of the list after QB for me are not in any particular order:

Lupati

J. Thomas

Gresham

And resign Hughes. Wouldn't it be awesome to have two stud TE and Grey as a solid back up. We wouldn't need a tall red zone threat at WR because we'd have two TE sets for guys that will be here for a long time. Lupati shores up the line, and even talented TE costs less than talented free agent WR.

The icing on the cake is getting Foles at QB in a trade. I'd also bring in Hassleback as insurance, dump Tuel and EJ is third. EJ has a guaranteed contract so no benefit to dumping him.

We can dump Chandler, Urbick, Pears, and C. Williams for cap space. We need $5 mil for the draft, and a couple of million for insurance for injuries. I see Spiller, and B.Spikes as casualties as well. You can't keep them all.

That's my bully of a team as we lose maybe a draft spot this year to get Foles, which means we only have four to five left. We'd probably have to give a third for Foles so that leaves us a 2nd, 5th, 6th, and possibly one to two 7ths. That means most likely only one initial starter.

If we really needed even more space to make what I described happen, we get Mario to restructure. The cap is going up again after they pull off a 16 game TR night contract with a bidding war from the major networks. The ratings were through the roof last year so look for CBS, NBC, and Fox to duke it out for that contract. The cap is already going up in 2016 on it's own without my above statements.

My mother in law.

They can be vicious.

I am still scared of her.

RIP Mary.

Sometimes when you punch a bully in the mouth he beats the snot out of you.

Thats no lie. sometimes that is a piss poor idea.

unless you have big brother.

yep. and rightly so.

Sounds to me like we're trying to BUY a bully. -Not Build one... Terrible idea if you ask me... Aren't teams supposed to BUILD through the draft... Seems like too many are giving up on the '15 draft, when there's loads of buried treasure in it. If Rex Ryan is such an awesome coach, why not let him ply his trade on some talented rookies???

Wanna build a Bully? -Find something that SCARES SOMEBODY. Gronk, for example is a scary dude for a DC to game-plan around... Jamaal Charles is pretty scary too... Both were drafted, not snagged in F/A..... Is it too much to ask for our scouts to LOCATE the scary kids that nobody knows, as opposed to OBD choosing the not-so-scary-because-everybody-knows-what-you've-got-plus-there's-no guarantee-you're-not-passed-prime-or-damaged-goods types available in F/A???

We could be going about this thing all wrong. -Just a thought.

I have not seen those damn chicken wings in a while. alway gets me!

#34fan you have a good point. But each coach coming in has to name his agenda just to get the media and fans talking.

Its working : )

But you dont add players to create the indentity, you bring them in to complement the theme. rex's first year in. lets see what "really " happens over the Fa and draft. Then, maybe we can discern the pattern. I am sure Rex wants to be tough and confident.

I am not about spending much money in FA besides O line.

iupati might be worth it because the Bills need to fix that protection and have a dependable run game to even be relevant.

To just be able to run the ball consistently changes everything.

I have not seen those damn chicken wings in a while. alway gets me!

#34fan you have a good point. But each coach coming in has to name his agenda just to get the media and fans talking.

Its working : )

But you dont add players to create the indentity, you bring them in to complement the theme. rex's first year in. lets see what "really " happens over the Fa and draft. Then, maybe we can discern the pattern. I am sure Rex wants to be tough and confident.

I am not about spending much money in FA besides O line.

iupati might be worth it because the Bills need to fix that protection and have a dependable run game to even be relevant.

To just be able to run the ball consistently changes everything.

Rex Ryan is going to have to EARN my trust... Its no secret that I don't particularly care for him as an HC... I agree though about running the ball.... Lotsa depth at RB available in this draft too... It'd be great to score a yound RB and TE... At the moment, we look terrible at both positions.

Edited by #34fan