Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

you are mistaken I do not believe I used the word awesome.

I may have indicated that you feel every other QB out there is better than EJ.

So in closing I will say once more many many people feel EJ stands a chance of being good, and from casual observations that group outweighs the detractors at least by 3-1

have a nice weekend.

Where are these people outside of the city of Buffalo? Every fan base loves their guy so this isnt surprising but there is almost no one outside of Buffalo that believes in EJ.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then I guess I am delusional. me and scores of others.

The EJ detractors are in the minority. I am sorry if that bothers you,

If you want proof who the majority is count up the posters responses

Predict the starting quarterback for week 1..

Doesn't bother me. We should start a simple poll, "Do you believe that EJ Manuel will be a franchise QB? Yes or No"

No other options or wording steering people. Yes or no and see the results.

Doesn't bother me. We should start a simple poll, "Do you believe that EJ Manuel will be a franchise QB? Yes or No"

No other options or wording steering people. Yes or no and see the results.

You're misunderstanding what "supporters" feel with a poll like that.

Most of "us" feel that EJ has a chance to develop into a quality starting QB. That is significantly different than saying he will.

Most of "us" feel that EJ has a chance to develop into a quality starting QB. That is significantly different than saying he will.

Well obviously he has a chance, the questions is basically do you think that chance is greater than 50%? Do you think its more than likely or less than likely he will develop.

Well obviously he has a chance, the questions is basically do you think that chance is greater than 50%? Do you think its more than likely or less than likely he will develop.

Below 50%, but then again, that goes for almost every QB drafted ever, because the chances are slim to develop into a qualtity NFL starter, otherwise there wouldn't be such a talent drought at the position across the league.

Not misunderstanding anything. It's not a decision that can be made in hindsight. The decision has to be made based on the information that we have.

Below 50%, but then again, that goes for almost every QB drafted ever, because the chances are slim to develop into a qualtity NFL starter, otherwise there wouldn't be such a talent drought at the position across the league.

Yea but by that logic there is no reason to draft any QB because the odds are it wont work out. Thats the point of evaluation to determine who will be on the positive side of the statistics. Based on what youve seen do you think EJ personally will become a franchise QB?

Not misunderstanding anything. It's not a decision that can be made in hindsight. The decision has to be made based on the information that we have.

Roman and Ryan don't want to wait for more information. They have tape. In Ryan's case he has game planned against him. Your question is the most direct and easy one. I think their answer is No...

Yea but by that logic there is no reason to draft any QB because the odds are it wont work out. Thats the point of evaluation to determine who will be on the positive side of the statistics. Based on what youve seen do you think EJ personally will become a franchise QB?

I think it's too early to make a solid yes or no, and that he needs more opportunity to show. The majority of QBs take 2-3 seasons to hit their stride, hell some of them take 5+.

I think it's too early to make a solid yes or no, and that he needs more opportunity to show. The majority of QBs take 2-3 seasons to hit their stride, hell some of them take 5+.

Hitting your stride is different than suddenly becoming competent at the position. Yea a guy may be ok and then breakout in year 2 or 3 but rarely do they go from being completely terrible to being good. EJ has not yet shown any ability to perform at a high level for a season. Maybe one game here or a good drive there but thats it.

Hitting your stride is different than suddenly becoming competent at the position. Yea a guy may be ok and then breakout in year 2 or 3 but rarely do they go from being completely terrible to being good. EJ has not yet shown any ability to perform at a high level for a season. Maybe one game here or a good drive there but thats it.

and with only 14 games and two majorly different offenses to run he's had not change to prove himself

Why is it that people want to ignore this

Marrone NEVER wanted to start EJ in the first place he wanted him to sit and learn.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

EJ had a couple terrible games, a couple good games, and a lot of mediocre games. I don't see how that shows anything other than "developing QB".

I think I need to back out of these threads, I'm clearly in the wrong by way of majority... hopefully McCown or whomever gets us where we need.

and with only 14 games and two majorly different offenses to run he's had not change to prove himself

Marrone NEVER wanted to start EJ in the first place he wanted him to sit and learn.

According to how he reportedly acted after he was drafted, I think I fixed that for you.

Edited by The Wiz

According to how he reportedly acted after he was drafted, I think I fixed that for you.

Essentially, both of you are correct.

Even if Marrone did not want EJ, the original plan was that Kevin Kolb was going to be the starter.

Then Kolb lost the fight with the wet mat and then he got injured in preseason, and that left us with 2 rookie QB's on the roster.