Gabbert or McCoy

Are you basing this on what you think these qbs are capable of as options in the future or what their ceilings might be? Because clearly you're not basing it on what they've already accomplished. McCoy for instance looked better in that Monday night game at Dallas this year than Manuel has ever looked. And Orton was an upgrade over Manuel this year, as poorly as he looked at times. Personally I wouldn't want any of them. McCoy would make an excellent backup qb I suppose.

The trouble with Bills situation at QB is all we can get from FA is a backup. the talk about Griffin is risky to consider.

i have settled on that EJ is going to get all the help ( coaching and stuff) to succeed. and Bills will bring in an FA who can step in.

This is the most worrisome issue the Bills have. No truly good options. best of the not so good.

Hope Roman/Kromer builds one hell of a run game!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are all going on the assumption that we are bringing in FA QBs, Are we not going to wonder if we brought in guys that have worked with Roman before? Both Gabbert and Colt McCoy worked with Roman. I'm assuming one of these guys will be here. Which one would you rather have on the roster? I myself, think that there may be better options out there, but this is the Bills. They will get someone on the cheap and I'm pretty sure both of these guys will not break the Bank. Thoughts. Who has the potential. Can Gabbert be a huge bust? McCoy has the most game experience.

Neither.

If we are all going on the assumption that we are bringing in FA QBs, Are we not going to wonder if we brought in guys that have worked with Roman before? Both Gabbert and Colt McCoy worked with Roman. I'm assuming one of these guys will be here. Which one would you rather have on the roster? I myself, think that there may be better options out there, but this is the Bills. They will get someone on the cheap and I'm pretty sure both of these guys will not break the Bank. Thoughts. Who has the potential. Can Gabbert be a huge bust? McCoy has the most game experience.

Do you even realize the Bills have new owners and that this is their first offseason as owners? If you are aware of this what are you basing your comment on that these are the Bills and you are sure they will get someone on the cheap?

Who are the better options out there that you prefer but don't think they will go after bc these are the Bills?

Was all this just a very weak attempt at a very old joke that is obviously no longer relevent?

Edited by Max997

The trouble with Bills situation at QB is all we can get from FA is a backup. the talk about Griffin is risky to consider.

i have settled on that EJ is going to get all the help ( coaching and stuff) to succeed. and Bills will bring in an FA who can step in.

This is the most worrisome issue the Bills have. No truly good options. best of the not so good.

my thoughts exactly. Go get AP for RB, and the guard from San Fran, Mike I(can't spell the rest of his last name). Then you need an averageish QB (Sanchez and Manuel, etc) to get you far. (heck, Sanchez already made 2 afc champ games with less talent).

I don't understand the assumption that because somebody has worked with someone else before, they would want them again. I, personally, have worked with some class-A douche bags whom I wouldn't piss on if their faces were on fire. I keep their names in my phone so that I'll know to ignore them if they ever call.

Is there some reason that Roman would want either of these guys? Because, "he's worked with them before," is not a great reason.

Hey, like I said. I think there are better options out there. Out of all the free agent QBs, I'd take Bradford but we need competition at QB, so that's why these two guys were brought up. Who knows what Roman has in mind, he may or may not like either guys but he has a working knowledge of them. Sometimes that's the difference. I agree that we should never have a guy on our roster named Blaine.

So what happens when they bring in a guy like McCoy supposedly as a backup and he clearly outperforms Manuel in camp, practice and the preseason? Because that's exactly what would happen in that scenario. I both want them to and believe they will bring in someone better than any of the aforementioned quarterbacks.

It's EJ and a rookie.

QB Ryan Lindley ARI 26 R

QB T.J. Yates ATL 28

QB Tyrod Taylor BAL 26

QB Joe Webb CAR 29

QB Jimmy Clausen CHI 28

QB Jason Campbell CIN 34

QB Brian Hoyer CLE 30

QB Kellen Moore DET 26 R

QB Dan Orlovsky DET 32

QB Matt Flynn GB 30

QB Scott Tolzien GB 28

QB Ryan Mallett HOU 27

QB Matt Hasselbeck IND 40

QB Matt Moore MIA 31

QB Christian Ponder MIN 27

QB Michael Vick NYJ 35

QB Mark Sanchez PHI 29

QB Tarvaris Jackson SEA 32

QB Terrelle Pryor SEA 26

QB Blaine Gabbert SF 26

QB Josh Johnson SF 29

QB Austin Davis STL 26 R

QB Shaun Hill STL 35

QB Jake Locker TEN 27

QB Colt McCoy

Not one of these guys is any better than EJ. I would not be shocked that one of them is signed. Sam Bradford is the only non Jay Cutler QB I would trade for. Cutler is staying in Chicago.

Hey, like I said. I think there are better options out there. Out of all the free agent QBs, I'd take Bradford but we need competition at QB, so that's why these two guys were brought up. Who knows what Roman has in mind, he may or may not like either guys but he has a working knowledge of them. Sometimes that's the difference. I agree that we should never have a guy on our roster named Blaine.

Bradford isn't a FA. He may be cut but as of now he is still a Ram with another year on his contract.

So what happens when they bring in a guy like McCoy supposedly as a backup and he clearly outperforms Manuel in camp, practice and the preseason? Because that's exactly what would happen in that scenario. I both want them to and believe they will bring in someone better than any of the aforementioned quarterbacks.

Well honestly i hope who ever they bring it outperforms EJ.

By alot!

But i just have any strong feelings about any of them that are available(?)

I don't want anyone named Blaine on this team. Colt has a cool name, but no thanks to him as well.

BTW...are Pat Angerer or Jamie Nails looking for work?

Likewise.

I'd be shocked if either were on our roster come opening day. Wouldn't be shocked if we see Alex Tanney in TC.

And I don't want a Tranny on our team either - even if his name is Alex. :ph34r: