Who is the 2nd toughest Guard available ?

HOUSE

I think that this eliminates Iupati IMO. They will go after another FA guard still I think b/c of the question marks with RI but he is insurance. The worst case scenario (assuming RI doesn't go crazy again) would be Incognito and Urbik. I think that the more likely scenario is Incognito and someone like Boling or whichever Saints guard gets released (which I expect for cap reason). I still think that the big money signing will be Revis.

While I'd love to have Revis as a Bill our DB's are actually pretty good and improving. Even McKelvin was having a really good year before he got hurt. We need to spend the big $$$ on the OL. It's by far the biggest need we have that can be addressed in FA. Iupati would be a great add, and since there won't be any real can't miss QBs available that is where I'd focus the money for talent acquisition.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand why people cant understand the concept of bringing in talented guys and letting them compete for a spot.

Chris WIlliams will probably be back

Richie Incongnito now in the fold for probably a VERY small contract

Sign one more G/C

Let em duke it out

I want a guy that I know will be starting at least at one of the Guard spots. All those guys can battle over the last spot.

While I'll agree that his play didn't look very good, but as has been pointed out our running game went down the tubes once he got hurt. So maybe not nearly as bad as most of the wanna be scouts here think he is.

Not a bad player but injuries have always been his problem.

Moving forward Chris Williams should be cut now, he's getting nearly 4 mil per to compete? the guy is a bust bum that can't stay healthy and even when he's healthy he's not very good.

When we signed him from my understanding he was basically on a 1yr trial deal. That he can be cut now and there's no cap penalties. If this is the case cut bait now please. This 4 mil can be used to bring in a real stud lineman. If Williams stays in Buffalo that's just lazy management not doing there jobs correctly and if gets hurt again and doesn't perform maybe Whaley should look elsewhere for a job

Moving forward Chris Williams should be cut now, he's getting nearly 4 mil per to compete? the guy is a bust bum that can't stay healthy and even when he's healthy he's not very good.

When we signed him from my understanding he was basically on a 1yr trial deal. That he can be cut now and there's no cap penalties. If this is the case cut bait now please. This 4 mil can be used to bring in a real stud lineman. If Williams stays in Buffalo that's just lazy management not doing there jobs correctly and if gets hurt again and doesn't perform maybe Whaley should look elsewhere for a job

save millions more cutting Williams after June 1st. Urbik also. I suspect they are here through OTA's

No. Chris Williams had a $3.5M signing bonus. If we cut him we save $0.725M and are up for a $2.625M dead cap hit.

Urbik is similar but a year later in his contract. If we cut Urbik we save $2.35M and are up for a $1.4M dead cap hit.

I dont understand why people cant understand the concept of bringing in talented guys and letting them compete for a spot.

Chris WIlliams will probably be back

Richie Incongnito now in the fold for probably a VERY small contract

Sign one more G/C

Let em duke it out

I think that's the main point of this thread. RI is the first signing, but, hopefully not the last on the offensive line. He may help, but, he isn't fixing the mess we witnessed in 2014 all by himself.

Yeah that's kind of interesting. I think that I would rather Jahri Evans & Revis than Hughes and Iupati but you could easily go the other way. Some will still depend on the plan at QB. Is the QB that you are chasing a $5M guy or a $10m guy?

Your direction with Grubbs/Evans makes as much sense as Iupati connection-wise. Doesn't Kromer know them pretty well?

Your direction with Grubbs/Evans makes as much sense as Iupati connection-wise. Doesn't Kromer know them pretty well?

He knows Evans extremely well. I'm not sure if Carl Nicks was still in New Orleans in Kromer's last year or if it was Grubbs at the other spot? One of the 2 will hit the market I think.

No. Chris Williams had a $3.5M signing bonus. If we cut him we save $0.725M and are up for a $2.625M dead cap hit.

Urbik is similar but a year later in his contract. If we cut Urbik we save $2.35M and are up for a $1.4M dead cap hit.

Cut them this off season so dead cap money can hit the cap now while we have the space

Mike Lupati is my choice as well. Lot's of 9er's fans were critical of him last year but I am not sure those criticisms were fair. Since we have Greg Roman as an OC, I am hoping he is a free agency target.

If RI can play like 1.5 years ago, then a great pick up. I'd love Lupati on the other side as Rex always valued a strong line for both running and passing. If we build that impressive line, our QB will have a much better situation.

We can still hold out hope Kelly gives away the farm for Mariotta, they need picks, a dn we give them a 3rd for Foles. Now we have a line, a QB, and our draft is about a TE, RB (I see Spiller gone), and BPA. That could be a great off season.

Rex has never had a QB. Foles would be great in a Roman offense. FWIW- I think mike Williams failing was on a spitting contest between Whaley and Marrone. I watched Williams succeed for four years in Tampa. I can't believe he just started sucking in one off season.