Who is the 2nd toughest Guard available ?

HOUSE

Mike Lupati is my choice as well. Lot's of 9er's fans were critical of him last year but I am not sure those criticisms were fair. Since we have Greg Roman as an OC, I am hoping he is a free agency target.

Interesting that the Niners don't want to invest that much in an OG who's an outstanding run blocker but only average at pass pro. That was the Bills rationale for letting Levitre go, only reversed (average run, excellent pass pro).

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/2/5/7988257/mike-iupati-listed-near-top-of-nfl-coms-free-agent-rankings

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cut them this off season so dead cap money can hit the cap now while we have the space

With the cap rollover rules it doesn't really make much difference. Take the hit now means the money won't roll to next years cap.

I don't think that the level of salary or dead hit for these players will have much effect on the decision making process of whether to cut or keep them. Either they(Urbik and C.Williams) will be viewed as beneficial to the roster and be kept....or they will be viewed as not up to scratch and will be cut.

I know people like to say "we can't spend that kind of money on a guard" in terms of Iupati, but I think that is a little short sighted. We are paying our starting QB peanuts. As long as we are not putting a lot of money into the QB position, we should be able to pay for the best free agent offensive lineman available.

If we sign Iupati to say a 4 or 5 year deal for big bucks, by the time we draft and develop a QB, and that QB is ready for his big contract, the Iupati contract and other big contracts will be coming off the books.

I am in favor of signing Iupati. Then you have Glenn, Iupati, Wood, Igcognito most likey, Henderson/Free Agent. I think it would be a good idea to bring in a mid tier vet at tackle who will give Henderson some cometition if training camp for the RT position and provide depth. Those players to me along with improved coaching could be one of the best lines in the league and the difference between 9-7 and 11-5/12-4.

this makes sense to me too.

Roman is going to take one look at our Oline, and pick up the phone to his boy Lupati. I would rather see Searcy AND Hughes AND Spiller walk if thats what it took to sign the guy.

Look, we don't have a great qb and we arent going to find one for next year. We have a great D, and the worst Oline in the league. If Roman is going to design a run first offense he needs to start with the big fella's, and Lupati makes us instantly better.

Conrad Dobler is too old ......

Okay, assuming we sign Incognito, who is the 2nd toughest guard that the Bills can pick up ?

Laugh if you want but the Bills won't be done after signing Richy....there will be another guy coming.

--

I hope the Bills aren't done after signing RI

Are you intending to imply that RI is "the toughest guard"? Because if so I respectfully disagree.

RI is a guard that has a history of being unable to control his temper...penalties for headbutting, picking a fight with an opponent...just plain giving crap to teammates who are unamused, not energized by it. The JM thing is murky to me...I think there are two sides to that, but the history of problems for RI goes way back. Heck, apparently when the league report on it came out he took a baseball bat to his own Ferrari!!!!! His play on the field was good, not great, and marred by stupid temper penalties.

I don't think having an uncontrolled temper and doing stupid **** makes someone tough or "the toughest". Was Tonya Harding the "toughest" figure skater because she was part of a stupid plot to have a big fat bully take a baseball bat to a fellow skater's knee?

I hope the Bills aren't done after signing RI

Are you intending to imply that RI is "the toughest guard"? Because if so I respectfully disagree.

RI is a guard that has a history of being unable to control his temper...penalties for headbutting, picking a fight with an opponent...just plain giving crap to teammates who are unamused, not energized by it. The JM thing is murky to me...I think there are two sides to that, but the history of problems for RI goes way back. Heck, apparently when the league report on it came out he took a baseball bat to his own Ferrari!!!!! His play on the field was good, not great, and marred by stupid temper penalties.

I don't think having an uncontrolled temper and doing stupid **** makes someone tough or "the toughest". Was Tonya Harding the "toughest" figure skater because she was part of a stupid plot to have a big fat bully take a baseball bat to a fellow skater's knee?

Sap.

The weapon, not the perp.

Well, probably the perp too.