Attn Breaking Bad Fans: Better Call Saul begins Sun 2/8 10pm

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wasn't in the show.

Bah - you're right. Crazy I thought I remembered him in BB for sure. Guess that's a testament to how in sync the BCS/BB universe is right now

In that case it seems like a safe bet that he gets whacked some time in BCS.

Not necessarily. Nacho is referenced once in BB when Walt and Jesse kidnap Saul. While Saul is on his knees he says" No, it wasn't me, it was Ignacio. He's the one."

That makes me believe Nacho could still be alive during the BB period.

Not necessarily. Nacho is referenced once in BB when Walt and Jesse kidnap Saul. While Saul is on his knees he says" No, it wasn't me, it was Ignacio. He's the one."

Could be that Nacho was dead, and Saul was just using his name to try to get himself clear...

Which brings up a very interesting point: who did Saul think was kidnapping him, and why?

Could be that Nacho was dead, and Saul was just using his name to try to get himself clear...

Which brings up a very interesting point: who did Saul think was kidnapping him, and why?

Absolutely. The writers could go in either direction (keep him alive or kill him) based on that Easter Egg.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

That's 2 throwaway lines from Saul's first episode they used to develop BCS.

Saul's real name being McGill is the eother

That's 2 throwaway lines from Saul's first episode they used to develop BCS.

Saul's real name being McGill is the eother

And it goes way beyond throwaway lines too, like bringing back the stock broker a few weeks back. I would have never remembered Walt blowing up his car if it wasn't mentioned here.

Absolutely. The writers could go in either direction (keep him alive or kill him) based on that Easter Egg.

I'm more interested in my second point, now. "It wasn't me. It was Ignacio. He's the one." Who does Saul think he's talking to, what did (or didn't) Nacho do that Saul's throwing him under a bus, why does Saul immediately assume that's why he was kidnapped?

That single throwaway line in Breaking Bad could end up being a significant plot thread for a season of Better Call Saul. And that would be just friggin' awesome - building an entire thread in a derived prequel show around a throwaway line.

I'm more interested in my second point, now. "It wasn't me. It was Ignacio. He's the one." Who does Saul think he's talking to, what did (or didn't) Nacho do that Saul's throwing him under a bus, why does Saul immediately assume that's why he was kidnapped?

That single throwaway line in Breaking Bad could end up being a significant plot thread for a season of Better Call Saul. And that would be just friggin' awesome - building an entire thread in a derived prequel show around a throwaway line.

With the attention to detail Gilligan and the writers put into this show I don't see how they would let that go unexplained. I imagine it will end up involving the character arc for Nacho in BCS.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

With the attention to detail Gilligan and the writers put into this show I don't see how they would let that go unexplained. I imagine it will end up involving the character arc for Nacho in BCS.

Every time I think that (which is often,) I remind myself that Marie was a kleptomaniac, and how'd that subplot go? :doh:

Gilligan's good. He's not infallible.

Every time I think that (which is often,) I remind myself that Marie was a kleptomaniac, and how'd that subplot go? :doh:

Gilligan's good. He's not infallible.

I had researched all of bb in the month or so before bcs came back. The spoon thread with Marie was awful