All Things Incognito (Richie returns, signs contract)

RalphOP83

I do. Losman was never the same after Vincent broke his leg.

Martin tried to stay in house, but the Dolphins coaching staff allowed Incognito's behavior to continue. Richie also went after another unnamed player and the trainer, so laying this at Martin's feet is lame.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9937464&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dhartline%2Bincognito%26a%3Dresults%26MID%3D2500%22%7D

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That just goes to show how truly dysfunctional the Dolphins locker room was.

I would bet that most, if not all, locker rooms are very similar. You take a bunch of guys who never really had to grow up, they're gonna make fun of each other and question each other's manhood.

I don't condone bullying in any form, at any level of human existence. If that makes me wrong, then so be it.

What if we call it something other than "bullying"? And if the guy you're "bullying" is playing along and giving it back how are you to know that you're "bullying" the other guy?

can't wait to hear Kim Pegula explain this away....

what an embarrassment !!

The NFL investigation accused Incognito and two former teammates of a pattern of harassment that included racial and homophobic slurs. The report said Martin was taunted with “sexually explicit remarks about his sister and mother.” An Asian-American trainer was subjected to “racially derogatory language.” he was accused of fondling a female volunteer in a drunken episode at a Dolphins charity golf tournament three years ago.

http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/jerry-sullivan/incognito-deserves-another-shot-at-nfl-career-20150208

but hey, let's look the other way, richie is a huge upgrade at a position of need. he makes us better.

could only imagine the comments had NE or the Jets given richie another chance.

She sat face to face with him, good enough for me.

Bills co-owner Terry Pegula said in a statement that he and co-owner Kim Pegula, General Manager Doug Whaley, and coach Rex Ryan gathered with Incognito, who had a suspension lifted by the NFL last February after his role in a bullying scandal with the Miami Dolphins.

You know what I like best about this quote? No mention of Russ or Overdorf.

is the 2.25 is guaranteed... If not we don't know the details and it could max out at 2.25. That number was probably leaked by the agent. There could be behavior clauses, incentives, etc.

It would be smart to have behavior clauses and incentives.

I don't know that they make much difference though. I've always thought that guys who go off the rails and do stupid "dirty" crap like Suh or Incognito are just out-of-control angry at the moment, and having an incentive wouldn't necessarily even enter their mind.

I read the entire transcript of texts between Richie and Jon Martin...was there language that some might find offensive? Yes. Did they both talk about banging women and getting shitfaced? Yes.

Not sure what the issue was, but Incognito served his suspension. Based on some of the things Martin said, he should have been suspended as well. It was locker room banter gone public.

no facts please

Bills co-owner Terry Pegula said in a statement that he and co-owner Kim Pegula, General Manager Doug Whaley, and coach Rex Ryan gathered with Incognito, who had a suspension lifted by the NFL last February after his role in a bullying scandal with the Miami Dolphins.

You know what I like best about this quote? No mention of Russ or Overdorf.

That's a a great point which did not pop out at me when I read this statement earlier.

It's like they have finally managed to beat Russ back into his marketing wonk cubicle where he belongs.

I am extremely disappointed that the Bills signed Incognito. I read the whole report. the findings were, in my opinion, conclusive. There is a pattern of bullying behaviour from this individual towards his teammates. There will always be those who downplay it... who believe football should be a macho game and anyone who differs from that norm deserves the persecution that comes with it. I don't believe that and hence I don't want a guy like Incognito whose pattern of behaviour suggests he does anywhere near my locker room.

I hope if he gets on the field he plays well and hopes the Bills win. But he will be a Bills player that I can never root for and that makes me sad.

I am extremely disappointed that the Bills signed Incognito. I read the whole report. the findings were, in my opinion, conclusive. There is a pattern of bullying behaviour from this individual towards his teammates. There will always be those who downplay it... who believe football should be a macho game and anyone who differs from that norm deserves the persecution that comes with it. I don't believe that and hence I don't want a guy like Incognito whose pattern of behaviour suggests he does anywhere near my locker room.

I hope if he gets on the field he plays well and hopes the Bills win. But he will be a Bills player that I can never root for and that makes me sad.

and yet the team's QB put his own neck on the line and stuck up for Incognito

"I think if you would have asked Jon Martin [before he left Miami] who his best friend on the team was, he would've said Richie Incognito," Tannehill said. "The first guy to stand for Jonathan when anything went down on the field -- any kind of tussle -- Richie was the first guy there. When they wanted to hang out outside of football -- who was together? Richie and Jonathan."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24196050/ryan-tannehill-jonathan-martin-was-like-incognitos-little-brother