Compensatory picks 2015

So Dane Fletcher nets a pick to the Pats and Jairus Byrd nets nothing?

Dane Fletcher sounds like a breed and a dog name like Beagle Snoopy or something. WTF?

How many picks do the Pats get for people bothering them about cheating?

We lost Byrd but Signed Spikes

Byrd will net us a pick. How much Spikes offsets that pick is the question.

Whom else did we lose last season worth mentioning ?

incorrect.

we signed spikes, rivers, williams, dixon.... i think someone else? it was more guys than we lost that were qualified signings elsewhere. the offset you are discussing isnt how it works. since we signed more we are ineligible. if we sign and lose equal we can only get a 7 after all the teams that had losses. you have to lose more than signed (just number of qualified transactions) in order to get anything noteworthy.

byrd gets us nothing.

So basically the signing of Chris Johnson and Brandon Spikes guarantees that we won't get anything for losing Jairus Byrd, whose $9 million per year would have been the 3rd best company pick, a 3rd rounder, the 35th pick in round 3. Despite losing Moats, Carrington, and Leonard.

Oh good.

*Chris Williams

incorrect.

we signed spikes, rivers, williams, dixon.... i think someone else? it was more guys than we lost that were qualified signings elsewhere. the offset you are discussing isnt how it works. since we signed more we are ineligible. if we sign and lose equal we can only get a 7 after all the teams that had losses. you have to lose more than signed (just number of qualified transactions) in order to get anything noteworthy.

byrd gets us nothing.

Orton?

Orton?

i think he was too late. its a window from free agency opening through June 1(?). when we signed legursky it was JUST after that window closed, presumably to keep him out of the equation as an example.

Edited by NoSaint

Ah, I wasn't sure of the window :thumbsup:

really, im not positive the exact date either. I think it used to be when camps started, but was bumped up in the last CBA. I know i remember the legursky situation specifically and that was right at the start of June.

Orton was definitely late though.

I think we can all agree that Doug Marrone was a hot commodity and is well respected around the league. That being said, and given his departure, I think we should be given two compensatory picks: 1) for the loss of Marrone, and 2) another because he will transform the Jags O-line into a wrecking machine (on our dollar). Thoughts?

I think we can all agree that Doug Marrone was a hot commodity and is well respected around the league. That being said, and given his departure, I think we should be given two compensatory picks: 1) for the loss of Marrone, and 2) another because he will transform the Jags O-line into a wrecking machine (on our dollar). Thoughts?

Good call. Per Adam Schefter, he's also going to be a hot commodity next year, which should be factored in as well. I think maybe a 2nd this year and a 2nd in 2016 would be fair. I know the comp picks usually don't start till the 3rd round, but I think an exception is warranted in this case.

Good call. Per Adam Schefter, he's also going to be a hot commodity next year, which should be factored in as well. I think maybe a 2nd this year and a 2nd in 2016 would be fair. I know the comp picks usually don't start till the 3rd round, but I think an exception is warranted in this case.

A third seems fair this year...but I'll bet the Jags were in touch with Marrone before he left (that boils my blood)...we should get their second round pick next year after the NFL investigates their tampering.