Ted Brady

Worst movie of Mark Wahlbergs career. Boston should be embarrassed. They have made so many more good movies involving that city. The first Ted is just off the charts dumb...and now there's another one? Pathetic.

Edited by Not Again

Worst movie of Mark Wahlbergs career. Boston should be embarrassed. They have made so many more good movies involving that city. The first Ted is just off the charts dumb...and now there's another one? Pathetic.

Mark is very diversified :D

The first movie was so stupid it was actually somewhat funny.

I think that is what they were going for, like modern slapstick but with words

great movie, I really liked Shooter, Lone Survivor and Fighter, I don't think there is a movie of his that I have seen that I didn't like.

He's even good as a comedic actor. The Other Guys comes to mind. But one of his best movies, from his younger days was called 'Fear' with Reese Weatherspoon. It wasn't well known, but he played a great psycho in that flick. If you haven't seen it, definitely check it out.

He's even good as a comedic actor. The Other Guys comes to mind. But one of his best movies, from his younger days was called 'Fear' with Reese Weatherspoon. It wasn't well known, but he played a great psycho in that flick. If you haven't seen it, definitely check it out.

cool, someday, so many movies so little time

Agreed...I though Ted was quite funny. I mean, were folks expecting it to be an enlightening experience? It was crude humor just as the previews and reviews suggested.

I enjoy crude humor very much. Dumb & Dumber, and Kingpin are both examples of "stupid" movies that I think are very good. Ted, on the other hand, was dull and painfully unfunny (is that a word?) IMO. The wife and I went to the drive-in to see it and left about 45 minutes into the movie. Tried again to watch it on HBO and couldn't make it through it.

Again...just my opinion.

that's how i feel...i wasn't expecting a citizen kane...which i frankly have no desire to see. Thought Ted was hilarious, it made me laugh and I would assume Ted 2 will also make me laugh.

Agreed...I though Ted was quite funny. I mean, were folks expecting it to be an enlightening experience? It was crude humor just as the previews and reviews suggested.

The original Ted was a chick flick trying to masquerade it as a guy film with a bunch a filthy jokes which half the time didn't work.

You are never wrong when you give your opinion on something objective as musical or entertainment related events. Personally I was opining that I enjoyed it.

Well that settles it...apparently I was wrong and didn't enjoy it OR find it funny. Thanks for clearing that up.

He is a great actor....but Ted was painful to watch him act in. Now Contraband...that's classic Wahlberg.

Contraband was so terribly painfully obvious. I pegged that ending very early in the film. I enjoy Wahlberg a great deal. Fear was a very good movie and Shooter was phenomenal. However he can have a stinker here and there. Pain and Gain was absolutely terrible imo.

I enjoy crude humor very much. Dumb & Dumber, and Kingpin are both examples of "stupid" movies that I think are very good. Ted, on the other hand, was dull and painfully unfunny (is that a word?) IMO. The wife and I went to the drive-in to see it and left about 45 minutes into the movie. Tried again to watch it on HBO and couldn't make it through it.

Again...just my opinion.

I know this is your opinion so I won;t press to hard with this but....

The movies you quoted are over 20 years old. I would be willing to be you were in your 20s or younger when they came out. When that type of humor would be appealing to you. Now that you are older, your tastes have changed and "dumb" funny isn't as good to you anymore. I would bet if you asked your parents when kingpin or Dumb and Dumber came out they would have thought they were terrible much like you do with Ted. The target audience isn't older people it is teens and early 20s which I don't believe (guessing) you fall in.

Contraband was so terribly painfully obvious. I pegged that ending very early in the film. I enjoy Wahlberg a great deal. Fear was a very good movie and Shooter was phenomenal. However he can have a stinker here and there. Pain and Gain was absolutely terrible imo.

I know this is your opinion so I won;t press to hard with this but....

The movies you quoted are over 20 years old. I would be willing to be you were in your 20s or younger when they came out. When that type of humor would be appealing to you. Now that you are older, your tastes have changed and "dumb" funny isn't as good to you anymore. I would bet if you asked your parents when kingpin or Dumb and Dumber came out they would have thought they were terrible much like you do with Ted. The target audience isn't older people it is teens and early 20s which I don't believe (guessing) you fall in.

Wait. Are you telling me I didn't like Ted because I'm old? I'm only 35 dude, and I still have a sense humor. Seriously?!

Worst movie of Mark Wahlbergs career. Boston should be embarrassed.

great movie, I really liked Shooter, Lone Survivor and Fighter, I don't think there is a movie of his that I have seen that I didn't like.

You guys haven't seen The Happening, have you?

M Night Shamalama-ding-dong

It wasn't good...wasn't bad.

Man, I can't agree with that! I like most of his movies (even when most people trash them), but I thought The Happening was the worst acted movie I've seen in a very long time. Especially surprising given that I don't mind Wahlberg and tend to like Deschanel. Add in a ridiculous plot and I was shocked at how much I didn't like that movie!

Man, I can't agree with that! I like most of his movies (even when most people trash them), but I thought The Happening was the worst acted movie I've seen in a very long time. Especially surprising given that I don't mind Wahlberg and tend to like Deschanel. Add in a ridiculous plot and I was shocked at how much I didn't like that movie!

I saw it in the theater. I recall being disappointed, but not angry disappointed. I think the scene where that guy ran over his own head made it worth the price of admission....haha.