Jets, Bills to pursue Revis (Update-Signed with Jets)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm perplexed at why people think our secondary is great and needs no help, especially the number 1 shut down guy. We have the money under cap, lets spend it for a change, and get every playmate (i mean Playmaker) and game changer we can. If that is Revis, J.Thomas, a QB and signing Iupati then DO IT! If we have to let a guy go who's been here then so be it.

Edited by moreproblemsthanOrton

Revis isn’t worth the money he will sign for and the Bills proved last year that they don’t need him to have a top 5 NFL defense. This sounds like stupidity…

1. Change the scheme
2. Let Hughes and his 10 sacks a year go (because they aren’t signing both Hughes and Revis)
3. Sign Revis to replace a Bills corner in a defense that was 6th best interceptions
Instead of giving the current defense a total makeover in an attempt to become a Jet team from a bygone year that didn’t win a Superbowl, how about they use that money to sign the top OG from the Niners instead? Our defense doesn’t suck Rex, our offense sucks Rex! I’m really starting not to like the hiring of Rex Ryan. He sounds like he has never learned from his mistakes and is waxing nostalgic for a Jet team that failed to get it done because their offense sucked more than enough to not get them to the Superbowl. FYI, I think that this news should clue everyone in that the Bills are probably going to sign Mark Sanchez as their starting QB.
Edited by 1billsfan

Revis isnt worth the money he will sign for and the Bills proved last year that they dont need him to have a top 5 NFL defense. This sounds like stupidity

1. Change the scheme

2. Let Hughes and his 10 sacks a year go (because they arent signing both Hughes and Revis)

3. Sign Revis to replace a Bills corner in a defense that was 6th best interceptions

Instead of giving the current defense a total makeover in an attempt to become a Jet team from a bygone year that didnt win a Superbowl, how about they use that money to sign the top OG from the Niners instead? Our defense doesnt suck Rex, our offense sucks Rex! Im really starting not to like the hiring of Rex Ryan. He sounds like he has never learn from his mistakes and is waxing nostalgic for a Jet team that failed to get it done because their offense sucked more than enough to not get them to the Superbowl. FYI, I think that this news should clue everyone in that the Bills are probably going to sign Mark Sanchez as their starting QB.

its just a report that Rex is interested in pursuing Revis. This does not = doomed. Edited by YoloinOhio

This would be an awesome get, IMO. But costly, obviously.

get what you pay for. Mckelvin is not very good. Gilmore is ready. Take Hughes' $$ and give it to revis. two shutdown corners

plus 3 - 4 zone blitz = happy days are here again

Edited by 8and8Forever

Revis isn’t worth the money he will sign for and the Bills proved last year that they don’t need him to have a top 5 NFL defense. This sounds like stupidity…

1. Change the scheme
2. Let Hughes and his 10 sacks a year go (because they aren’t signing both Hughes and Revis)
Instead of giving the current defense a total makeover in an attempt to become a Jet team from a bygone year that didn’t win a Superbowl, how about they use that money to sign the top OG from the Niners instead? Our defense doesn’t suck Rex, our offense sucks Rex! I’m really starting not to like the hiring of Rex Ryan. He sounds like he has never learn from his mistakes and is waxing nostalgic for a Jet team that failed to get it done because their offense sucked more than enough to not get them to the Superbowl. FYI, I think that this news should clue everyone in that the Bills are probably going to sign Mark Sanchez as their starting QB.

I cannot imagine Whaley being on the same page as this. Plus, I think Rex will always says positive things about his former players. He may have some strong feelings about them, but I think even he knows he cannot bring in a bunch of them. Plus I think ESPN likes to stir the pot a little too much. Really don't see things shaking out this way.

@AdamSchefter: Jets are expected to pursue free-agent-to-be CB Darrelle Revis to see if they can bring him back to New York, per sources.

@AdamSchefter: Not just Jets interested in Darrelle Revis; Rex Ryan will try to lure the free-agent-to-be CB to Buffalo as well. AFC East in on Revis.

Haven't really paid attention to Revis lately but is he still good?

If not this concerns me that Rex is is going after old guys that he knows and still thinks are good.

its just a report that Rex is interested in pursuing Revis.

You and I both know that it's true. Rex is a "his guys" kind of head coach. I fear this Bills defense is going to implode with so many player changes that the dynamic will be totally lost and they become a below average defense under Rex. Football is about fostering player bonding and relationships more than it is creating an "all star" team. Rex should ask Dan Snider if has ever worked for Washington.

get what you pay for. Mckelvin is not very good. Gilmore is ready. Take Hughes' $$ and give it to revis. two shutdown corners

plus 3 - 4 zone blitz = happy days are here again

mckelvin is ok but benefits from the pass rush IMO to make him look better. He has trade value because he's young, has decent int numbers and can run. He can return punts. He also reminds me of the past. And not in a good way. NE fumble and KC fumble. I don't trust him. Trade him for a draft pick, sign Revis. Hughes would be great but I think the DL will be just as effective in Rex's D without him.

There is no doubt the Jets need him more than the Bills do. Interesting though - Revis, Gilmore, Graham, Leo, and Robey? That's one way to try to to beat Brady.

If he came here, with our secondary already being above average, it would be probably one of the top in NFL. If it costs us not re-signing Hughes, then so be it. Having a complete lock down corner and then a real up and comer like Gilmore on other side and the depth we would have back there would make more impact than Hughes. Rex will blitz more than Schwartz did. We already have Mario, Kyle, and Marcel. It doesnt take an "elite" talent to put up some SOLID numbers as the "other guy".

If we sign Revis, sign a journeyman Lb/ DE hibrid (which Rex would hand pick for HIS D) our D is tops in NFL. Not to mention a healthy Kiko!

Then on O, somehow , someway find a viable option at QB. sign VET OL that we know can hold down his spot. Let the other young guys battle it out for other OL spots and hopefully a 2-3rd rounder used as well on line. Find a TE who can stretch the field a bit.

This team is not far from being a premier team and is Rex is right in saying ownership isnt gonna be shy to open the wallets.. then we WILL be legit...

We have plenty of young talent on this roster. Even if we had 1st pick overall and could get Jameis or Marriota.... With the way the window closes in NFL these days and it being so hard to retain guys once they start making name for themselves. Our window to win with a dominant D is the next 2-3 yrs. We MUST get the offense respectable cuz landing a FA like Revis in the old days would be a pipe dream. Now its a true possibility.

Revis isnt worth the money he will sign for and the Bills proved last year that they dont need him to have a top 5 NFL defense. This sounds like stupidity

1. Change the scheme

2. Let Hughes and his 10 sacks a year go (because they arent signing both Hughes and Revis)

Instead of giving the current defense a total makeover in an attempt to become a Jet team from a bygone year that didnt win a Superbowl, how about they use that money to sign the top OG from the Niners instead? Our defense doesnt suck Rex, our offense sucks Rex! Im really starting not to like the hiring of Rex Ryan. He sounds like he has never learned from his mistakes and is waxing nostalgic for a Jet team that failed to get it done because their offense sucked more than enough to not get them to the Superbowl. FYI, I think that this news should clue everyone in that the Bills are probably going to sign Mark Sanchez as their starting QB.

I beg to differ, adding Revis would put our Defense on another stratosphere. Please don't compare Revis to any of our corners just not fair to him. Imagine what type of blitzes we can send when we have a couple of shutdown corners. With the addition of Revis and Kiko this defense won't give up more then 13-14 a gm. Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

You and I both know that it's true. Rex is a "his guys" kind of head coach. I fear this Bills defense is going to implode with so many player changes that the dynamic will be totally lost and they become a below average defense under Rex. Football is about fostering player bonding and relationships more than it is creating an "all star" team. Rex should ask Dan Snider if has ever worked for Washington.

you are obviously more than entitled to your opinion, but none of that makes any sense to me.