Bill still seeking to fill advisory roll - Ron Hill possible

Reed83HOF

Not for nothing, but the state of the franchise is not good. That team has won 55 games over the past 3 seasons. What is the real value added for a guy like this? Pegula isn't a new NHL owner...

I think the Sabres story has been rehashed many times before. There's a reason why the team is driving an armoured vehicle on continuous tracks.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not for nothing, but the state of the franchise is not good. That team has won 55 games over the past 3 seasons. What is the real value added for a guy like this? Pegula isn't a new NHL owner...

i don't follow the Sabres closely but isn't the state of their franchise going according to plan?

No egomaniacs please, I'm grateful for all the things Polian did for the Bills but I think he's not the right guy Pegula's Bills right now. I don't know much about Hill but if he is respected and can connect with the three existing parts (owner, coach and GM) without the necessity of measuring dicks in every discussion, I'm all for it.

But then how do you know whose is bigger?

That's interesting. The owner says our GM needs supervision/mentoring?

Everyone in the organization needs mentoring. Who, from the owners down has shown the ability to build a strong, winning NFL team? Are they not wise to seek out someone who has overseen a successful organization? Are they not wise to assemble the best team from the FO down to the players? Is Hill that guy? I'd be presumptuous to even suggest that I know.

To try to put a negative spin on this? Sorry, can't figure that out.

Ehh, another clueless Sabres opinion.

Please people, before criticizing the Sabres just look at the pay rolls. The Sabres are bottom 5 in pay roll the last 2 years. No one talks about it becase the plan is get McDavid or Eichel. The GM was hired last year and said after next year we will start spending. I mean they cant be any more obvious, yet some people still dont understand.

Please people, before criticizing the Sabres just look at the pay rolls. The Sabres are bottom 5 in pay roll the last 2 years. No one talks about it becase the plan is get McDavid or Eichel. The GM was hired last year and said after next year we will start spending. I mean they cant be any more obvious, yet some people still dont understand.

It's impossible to get an entire fan base to agree on anything. There are very, very few Sabres fans who follow the team closely that don't like what they are doing and don't love the GM and aren't totally excited about the future. I don't know one personally. There seemed to be one on this board, perhaps Code Monkey, who is a good fan and had reasons why he wasn't sure. But that is all I have seen.

I think the Sabres story has been rehashed many times before. There's a reason why the team is driving an armoured vehicle on continuous tracks.

They've been tanking for three years for this draft? That's some plan. And Pegula brought in an advisor to come up with that?

Sweet.

They also sent Reinhart back 'because he wasn't ready', yet he was MVP at the world Juniors. They should send Giregensens down to Elmira (ECHL) for some seasoning too. (then I could see him 10 miles from home). Tank a Palooza is on, and your right people only look at the standings and don't understand.

It's impossible to get an entire fan base to agree on anything. There are very, very few Sabres fans who follow the team closely that don't like what they are doing and don't love the GM and aren't totally excited about the future. I don't know one personally. There seemed to be one on this board, perhaps Code Monkey, who is a good fan and had reasons why he wasn't sure. But that is all I have seen.

What those fans dont know is Pegula did not want to go this route. He offeered a lot of money to Parise and Suter, more than any other team. They didnt want to come to Buffalo. He went after Jordan Staal, Staal wanted to play with his brother. This team would look very different today had those moves happened. We probably re-sign Ryan Miller and Pomnville. The Sabres probably are a 4th or 5th seed in the East.

So when Pegula saw not even money would land the premier guys his plan changed.

Look one post below yours.

They've been tanking for three years for this draft? That's some plan. And Pegula brought in an advisor to come up with that?

Sweet.

again I don't even follow the Sabres but I'm going to assume that they realized they were not a good team at the end of the season 3 years ago so they decided to rebuild and have been doing so since, with the payoff being all the high draft picks/prospects and ultimately the can't miss guy in the 2015 draft. Am I close?

Sweet.

The tank is in effect for one and a half seasons and was started before the new regime was in place, but why quibble with minor details?

The way this whole thing went down with him, I can't help but wonder if the issue really wasn't that Terry P wanted to bring BP in as advisor, all of a sudden BP is talking about bringing in a new GM, etc. at which point TP told BP hold on, I never agreed to this, I just want you to advise the current people in place. BP didn't want to announce I turned the job down becasue they weren't going to give me complete control, so instead blamed it on being too big of a task for him.

What was stated publicly just doesn't make much sense to me unless there was more too it. Will also be interesting to see if anything changes at all with BP after Saturdays HOF vote?

I don't know what changed from the time Polian was ready to agree to come on to now. He said because the coach and QB left. Well we have a new coach now who is going to be here for many years to come and we always needed a new QB, Orton wasn't going to be our guy past this coming season no matter what.

It sounds like Polian had some kind of allegiance to Doug or something and once he was gone then he decided against it. I can't think of anyone better than Polian to take this position so I'm kind of bummed (ok maybe Parcels)

Sweet.

No, dude, they fell apart three seasons ago, and yes, tanked for the last two. Well documented, and also a proven method for stock piling talent, and winning cups. You can not like the plan, but it was intentional.

Furthermore the advisers brought in to either organization are there not to run the team, but to advise the owners, who are new to both sports, and consult with the front office. What is the big effing deal if a man wants to have an adviser/consultant?

Is everything ok at home Mr. Weo? You cannot possibly look at everyday life with such a negative skew...

I challenge you to find one move the Pegulas have made that you like, and post about it. JUST ONE.

The way this whole thing went down with him, I can't help but wonder if the issue really wasn't that Terry P wanted to bring BP in as advisor, all of a sudden BP is talking about bringing in a new GM, etc. at which point TP told BP hold on, I never agreed to this, I just want you to advise the current people in place. BP didn't want to announce I turned the job down becasue they weren't going to give me complete control, so instead blamed it on being too big of a task for him.

What was stated publicly just doesn't make much sense to me unless there was more too it. Will also be interesting to see if anything changes at all with BP after Saturdays HOF vote?

I think this is probably closer to correct than most theories I have read.