Mario excited to move back to LB under Rex

YoloinOhio

Ugh....how we going to get all our "linebackers" on the field? Lets see...put Mario and Hughes on as OUTside LB's, and then.....where do we put Brown, Kiko, Bradham...oh, we sit one of our best assets.....Manny Lawson out? My view, Rex system change hurts our D, despite his reputation...our personnel were better in the 4-3. Just not sure Rex knows how to get off his formula/script....despite his statements he wants to use round pegs in round holes. Color me discouraged as we have gone through this kind of change before, and its always "wait unitl next year until they know the system" This is Bills BS failing at itw worst. Repeated making the same mistake. This will be my last year as a season ticket holder, I can't stand the inept management. (yes, the Sainted Pegula's blew it, bringing in the NY Jets staff)

I don't know how long you've had season tix, but of all the crap this team has put fans through, THIS is what causes you to give up? Hiring arguably the best defensive mind in football to manage one of the best and most dynamic defenses in the NFL. Really?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep the chemistry and PAY HUGHES! We really need that guy!

Dave Wannestadt called. He's willing to give it a shot.

The best quote I have ever read about Dave Wannestadt..... From The Pittsburgh Valley Sports Team... "Dave Wannestadt could screw up a order for a black cup of coffee! I asked this guy for toast once and he asked me which side of the bread would I like toasted!"

Solid. Love seeing Robey on the field. He just has a knack for the game. Remember when everyone was screaming bust after Bradhams rookie year? He can really play. I think Rex is going to be a nightmare with these guys, which is why (if they retain Hughes) I wouldn't mind them drafting another corner.

Don't sleep on Cockrell, he didn't play much last year but I think he could be a potential starter.

Gilmore

McKelvin

Graham

Robey

Brooks

Cockrell

Butler

I would bring UFDAs but I wouldn't put CB as some sort of priority come draft day. We're very deep at CB.

Dave Wannestadt called. He's willing to give it a shot.

:lol:

indeed he already did

Ugh....how we going to get all our "linebackers" on the field? Lets see...put Mario and Hughes on as OUTside LB's, and then.....where do we put Brown, Kiko, Bradham...oh, we sit one of our best assets.....Manny Lawson out? My view, Rex system change hurts our D, despite his reputation...our personnel were better in the 4-3. Just not sure Rex knows how to get off his formula/script....despite his statements he wants to use round pegs in round holes. Color me discouraged as we have gone through this kind of change before, and its always "wait unitl next year until they know the system" This is Bills BS failing at itw worst. Repeated making the same mistake. This will be my last year as a season ticket holder, I can't stand the inept management. (yes, the Sainted Pegula's blew it, bringing in the NY Jets staff)

Really? this is the same System we ran two yrs ago with Pettine except that Rex actually defends the run too. The way I see it we are getting the best of Pettine's pass D and last yrs run D, we can only get better with Rex.

manny Lawson was caught on some major runs on his side and he was put in because he was abetted run defender than Hughes. He was good alright at being caught way up field watching the backend of the RB go by

i don't have a huge issue with Lawson overall but worrying about how he will get on the field because we have so many good LBs is probably a reach!

My biggest concern with Ryan's D if if he tries to make Dareus into some type of NT. That would be a waste of his talent. He thrives in a 4 man line.

I wouldn't be worried. Rex isn't going to make Dareus some useless space eater. Dareus will do what he does best regardless of the scheme.

Edited by Bangarang

P

My biggest concern with Ryan's D if if he tries to make Dareus into some type of NT. That would be a waste of his talent. He thrives in a 4 man line.

Dareus made the pro bowl in almost this exact system. Ryan also puts his players in positions to succeed. Why don't people remember or understand this?

bye

Dareus made the pro bowl in almost this exact system. Ryan also puts his players in positions to succeed. Why don't people remember or understand this?

bye

Pro Bowl, Smol Bowl. That's a beauty contest based on number of sacks. All-Pro, on the other hand, is the real deal.

I hope Rex sees the wisdom of using the entire D-line in a more balanced front, which IMO, from a gap control standpoint, is more suited to our DTs...

Pro Bowl, Smol Bowl. That's a beauty contest based on number of sacks. All-Pro, on the other hand, is the real deal.

I hope Rex sees the wisdom of using the entire D-line in a more balanced front, which IMO, from a gap control standpoint, is more suited to our DTs...

i prefer whatever yields the fewest points

nice to hear Mario change his tune a bit an get behind Ryan's D. keep Hughes . RR move guys around, Thats what Hughes excels at. Now i think they pay him around ten he accepts

I have not had any kool aid yet today but this defense is going to be mighty fun to watch.

be telling to see what the Bills look for in the off season. Positionally on defense anyways.. How long as fans has it been since we they might have to decide about letting decent players ( M. Lawson ) go.

Go Bills D!

You clearly don't get it.

nice to hear Mario change his tune a bit an get behind Ryan's D. keep Hughes . RR move guys around, Thats what Hughes excels at. Now i think they pay him around ten he accepts

I have not had any kool aid yet today but this defense is going to be mighty fun to watch.

be telling to see what the Bills look for in the off season. Positionally on defense anyways.. How long as fans has it been since we they might have to decide about letting decent players ( M. Lawson ) go.

Go Bills D!

everything I have read is that Lawson will be more, not less, involved with this scheme.