The Pro Bowl is a joke

YoloinOhio

Case in point: Andy Dalton was named to the PB today. He was the 7th alternate after Flacco, Rogers, Rivers, manning, Etc. dropped out.

"Dalton makes the team after throwing a career-worst 19 touchdowns in 2014. He guided the Bengals to the playoffs for a fourth straight time, despite ranking 20th in the league in yards per attempt (7.06) with a passer rating of 83.5, which ranked 25th in the NFL below the likes of Shaun Hill, Austin Davis, Kyle Orton and Mark Sanchez."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000461074/article/andy-dalton-added-to-pro-bowl-roster

How many need to drop out before Orton gets a free trip to AZ?

they just need to scrap it, nobody cares, especially the layers

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is that people still watch the Pro Bowl. The ratings will probably still be better than most other programming on that night. Look at all the crappy college bowl games that still draw enough viewers to make it profitable for the networks. People will watch pretty much any football game, so it's not going away anytime soon. Personally I hate the Pro Bowl, but I will admit to at least flipping to it a couple times while it's on.

Like others, I'd rather a skill competition or something similar. Heck, I'd probably rather watch them all bowl against each other.

Case in point: Andy Dalton was named to the PB today. He was the 7th alternate after Flacco, Rogers, Rivers, manning, Etc. dropped out.

"Dalton makes the team after throwing a career-worst 19 touchdowns in 2014. He guided the Bengals to the playoffs for a fourth straight time, despite ranking 20th in the league in yards per attempt (7.06) with a passer rating of 83.5, which ranked 25th in the NFL below the likes of Shaun Hill, Austin Davis, Kyle Orton and Mark Sanchez."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000461074/article/andy-dalton-added-to-pro-bowl-roster

at this rate they may have to ask Orton to come out of retirement just to field a team

At this rate they may have to get Orton to come out of retirement just to field a team

Pro bowl has been a joke for years and just got worse when they decided to move it to the bye week before the super bowl

Edited by Max997

The NHL invented the fantasy draft concept for their All-Star game. They do it pretty well. I was not impressed with the NFL's version for last years pro bowl. I don't care for "celebrity" coaches. I dunno, i guess the NHL all-star game has the feel that the players are honored to be there and participate and the players pick the teams. The Pro Bowl is so casual and "who cares" attitude.

The NHL invented the fantasy draft concept for their All-Star game. They do it pretty well. I was not impressed with the NFL's version for last years pro bowl. I don't care for "celebrity" coaches. I dunno, i guess the NHL all-star game has the feel that the players are honored to be there and participate and the players pick the teams. The Pro Bowl is so casual and "who cares" attitude.

i am going to the NHL All-Star game this weekend. I've never been to it before, should be fun. Lot of festivities too.

Interesting

@AroundTheNFL: Sunday's Pro Bowl to feature narrowed goal posts http://t.co/FF4o6YwrGl

Congratulations Andy for making the Pro Bowl! All american kid from Katy, TX will represent the league, his team, and his hometown well.

Andy Dalton's selection is not the breaking point that will trigger necessary changes to the Pro Bowl. I am pretty sure he was not sitting at home hoping to take time out of his offseason to pad up one more time in an exhibition game. However, when called on, he accepted his responsibility as a professional and did not cite a random, undocumented injury.

no game whatsoever. risk of injury to great.

an AWARDS SHOW recognizing all the legit 1st team players, including those playing in the SB, during the bye week at the city the super bowl is in.

they do a NFL Awards show like that the night before the SB Edited by YoloinOhio