bills could play opening Thursday night in Foxborough?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pray this is not the case. I want to start the season with some easier games and gain some momentum.

I hope we play the Pats opening day. There's no better way to gain momentum then by smacking up the Pats. Belicheat wouldn't have any regular season game tape of Rex's D in Buffalo (preseason tape = not much tape). I think it's the one game we have an advantage over the pats. Week one, bring it!!

Could we possibly see the Bills/Jets open up as part of the Monday Night double-header? Sure, two marginal teams, but you know Rex Ryan vs the Jets is going to be one of the stories that gets hammered on all summer (the way only ESPN can hammer), and it would be a big market team, in the Jets.

I hope we play the Pats opening day. There's no better way to gain momentum then by smacking up the Pats. Belicheat wouldn't have any regular season game tape of Rex's D in Buffalo (preseason tape = not much tape). I think it's the one game we have an advantage over the pats. Week one, bring it!!

thats kind of how I see it too. Our best chance to win in Foxboro is week 1, IMO.

That said, aren't we due for a home TNF game? We have played on the road for TNF the last two years and it is a big disadvantage. The only week it isn't a disadvantage would be week 1.

• 2 weeks later...

Even with Rex, the Bills are still considered irrelevant on the national TV stage. They won't have a non-playoff team open the season.

Since their home schedule does not include a game against a 2014 playoff team the odds are good that they will. My guess would be Philly.

Right, because Belichick has never coached against Ryan...it will be a complete surprise.

Gotta love the Debbie Downer Bills fans who call the team irrelevant. A couple of seasons ago, yes, but now there are plenty of angles that make the Bills a good draw going into 2015 -- 9-7 record last year, Rex as HC, long playoff drought, Polian into HoF, fantastic defense, Pegulas, Kelly's good health, Talley story...announcers have a ton of things to talk about that a national audience would find interesting.

In my opinion.

I hate TNF because of the short prep time and it being against a div opponent is even worse. If we can fulfill our TNF obligation in week 1 that would be great so we don't need to have a short week. Also pats are usually not up to full speed early in the season and would like to get that Foxboro game out of the way.

These are my sentiments exactly, could be a MAJOR advantage to get that damn Thursday night game out of the way before we had a Sunday game 4 days before it, but the most important part is:

The Pattys in September are at their most vulnerable.

It seems like every year they start 2-2, or 3-2, and everyone says they're done, it's over for them, but then they go on that damn 9-1 run and get homefield throughout AGAIN. Well, I want us to play the Pats when they're the most vulnerable, so we can go up 1-0 against AFCE, and perhaps more importantly, 1-0 against the Pattys in a season we SHOULD be within 2 games of them at the end of December.

A couple other breaks, and God willing Brady starts his decline, we would hold an important tie breaker against them when we're ready to 86 them out of the playoffs around Christmas.

Which is why the NFL needs to schedule a primetime game at RWS in September or October.

Regardless, the atmosphere at a night game is like nothing else. You see the schedule, you plan accordingly (take Friday, Monday, or Tuesday off), and have fun.

Yeah I don't understand this. Even if it was a November game and it's 15 degrees out, I'll still be out there having a blast. Night games are the best.