Bills hire Sanjay Lal as WR coach

YoloinOhio

I am getting concerned about how slowly we are filling out our offensive staff, and the three guys we have picked up. The only offensive hire I truly like is Roman. Lee is crap, Sanjay is crap, and while Kromer is promising I am sure there are going to be trust issues with some players.

Worrying about the QB and WR coaches is a complete waste of time

If Roman and the offense are good the rest of the coaches will seem good and if the offense is bad they will seem bad

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They asked for permission, which they didn't really have to do, with Roman's WR coach in SF, Ronald Curry, and I believe they spoke to him about the job in the last couple days. I have no idea what happened, but it was between those two, and maybe others.

Is that Ronald Curry that was the HS All-American in football and basketball???? The guy from UNC that eventually went to the Raiders??

That explains the no super bowl wins ? From these two at least.Really I think a position coach should have some exp. Could help with some tricks of the trade or tips.

He played at UCLA and won a Cotton Bowl, then played two years for Washington and won a National Championship, was in camp in the NFL and played in NFL Europe, just never in the NFL, nor did Vince Lombardi, Bill Bellichick, Pete Carroll, etc.

He played at UCLA and won a Cotton Bowl, then played two years for Washington and won a National Championship, was in camp in the NFL and played in NFL Europe, just never in the NFL, nor did Vince Lombardi, Bill Bellichick, Pete Carroll, etc.

I bet those guys would be pretty good if they played in the nfl. Until they do though, just a bunch of let downs

That explains the no super bowl wins ? From these two at least.Really I think a position coach should have some exp. Could help with some tricks of the trade or tips.

Seriously?

Rex Ryan has a super bowl ring as a positional coach with the Ravens

Bill Belichick, Mike McCarthy, Tom Coughlin, John Harbaugh, Jimmy Johnson, Brian Billick, Pete Carroll...don't think any of them played in the NFL

Edited by Max997

Belichick Philbin Ryan Tomlin Marvin Lewis Pettine John Harbaugh McCoy Reid Fox O'brien Pagano Bradley McCarthy Caldwell Zimmer Tomsula Carroll Arians coughin kelly Gruden Payton smith

All those current head coaches never played in the NFL. Is it still logical to be upset that Sanjay Lal never played in the league?

Belichick Philbin Ryan Tomlin Marvin Lewis Pettine John Harbaugh McCoy Reid Fox O'brien Pagano Bradley McCarthy Caldwell Zimmer Tomsula Carroll Arians coughin kelly Gruden Payton smith All those current head coaches never played in the NFL. Is it still logical to be upset that Sanjay Lal never played in the league?

How many of those losers were a member of a National Championship Team? He's better than them!!

Seriously?

Rex Ryan has a super bowl ring as a positional coach with the Ravens

Bill Belichick, Mike McCarthy, Tom Coughlin, John Harbaugh, Jimmy Johnson, Brian Billick, Pete Carroll...don't think any of them played in the NFL

Yeah but how are we supposed to **** all over this signing if we follow your logic???

You're far more likely to win the Super Bowl with a HC who wasn't a NFL player but has been a position coach at one time or another, especially in this era.

All 4 coaches coaching this weekend didn't play in the NFL but were position coaches before they moved onto being a HC. So much for that.

The list of NFL Head Coaches who've won the Super Bowl without playing in the league but who held non-head coaching positions includes: Lombardi, Ewbanks, Stram, Walsh, Gibbs, Parcells, Seifert, Holmgren, Shanahan, Billick, Belichick, Gruden, Coughlin, McCarthy, Tomlin, John Harbaugh, and Pete Carroll.

Sean Payton played 3 strike games before he because a QB coach or he'd be in that list too.

26 of the last 28 Super Bowls have been won by team coached by a guy who never played in the NFL. This season there were only six teams that were coached by a guy who played in the NFL. The BILLS were one of them. None of the six coaches has ever won a Super Bowl.

At the end of the day the best NFL coaches are generally guys who haven't played at the highest level.