Sportrac predictions for salaries: Hughes 5-$60m

Sportrac has become very reliable for contracts in the last couple years and is now the go to site for a lot of fans, including many here.

They just predicted the contracts the Top Free Agents will get and the numbers are sky high.

Jerry Hughes is predicted to sign for:

5 years, $60,944,939 ($20.7M guaranteed) Average Salary: $12,188,988

I had predicted about 12m a few times here myself, so I obviously think these guys know their stuff! ;)

http://www.spotrac.com/blog/contract-projections-for-upcoming-free-agents-extension-candidates/

Also of interest, they predict...

Mike Iupati (G, SF) 5 years, $31,000,000 ($13.5M guaranteed) Average Salary: $6,200,000
CJ Spiller (RB, BUF) 3 years,$12,262,595 ($2.9M guaranteed) Average Salary: $4,087,532

And, of course, they spelled Lupati's name wrong.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sportrac has become very reliable for contracts in the last couple years and is now the go to site for a lot of fans, including many here.

They just predicted the contracts the Top Free Agents will get and the numbers are sky high.

Jerry Hughes is predicted to sign for: 5 years, $60,944,939 ($20.7M guaranteed) Average Salary: $12,188,988

I had predicted about 12m a few times here myself, so I obviously think these guys know their stuff! ;)

http://www.spotrac.com/blog/contract-projections-for-upcoming-free-agents-extension-candidates/

Mike Iupati (G, SF) 5 years, $31,000,000 ($13.5M guaranteed) Average Salary: $6,200,000

CJ Spiller (RB, BUF) 3 years,$12,262,595 ($2.9M guaranteed) Average Salary: $4,087,532

This is about right I think. Hughes salary is going to be near Tamba Hali.

Wow I have sticker shock.

Holy balls! I like Hughes a lot, but that is a ton. My guess would have been around $40m/5

Yeah, pass rushers are getting paid!! If you look at the guy from Minnesota last year he got $42.5M last year coming off of like 5.5 sacks.

P.s. I am all for Spiller at a savings of $1.5M or whatever.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

at those numbers:

Iupati yes.

hughes and spiller no.

We have been spoiled. Most teams would kill for a pass rush like ours. They are going to foolishly throw money at Hughes. He won't put up the same numbers elsewhere so it's up to him. Does he take the money or does he bet on a future with the best DL in the NFL

Yup. They have...

Justin Houston (OLB, KC) 6 years, $92,670,276 ($49M guaranteed) Average Salary: $15,445,046

Holy crap. I still think they are a bit on the high side with most of their predictions. At least I hope they are.

Check out

Ndamukong Suh (DT, DET) 6 years, $103,672,800 ($56M guaranteed) Average Salary: $17,278,800

Whatever he negotiates for is probably what we're going to pay Dareus next year. Ouch.

at those numbers:

Iupati yes.

hughes and spiller no.

Iupati is gonna get more than that. Guards like Levitre get paid way more and Iupati is worth a big payday. I suspect Hughes will get less than 5-60 the market is flooded with pass rushers. But if that's the type of contact Iupati gets I would sign him over Hughes all day. JPP would be a better deal if we were trying to dish out a 5-60 type deal.