Marrone interviewing in Denver

YoloinOhio

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why do people have such a hard time seeing this. He took his option out as was stipulated in his contract. Nothing underhanded there. He had the option in case things didn't work out with the new ownership. Things didn't work out. Case closed. There are several things he will have to come up with creative answers to, but this is not one of them.

What didn't work out? His next employer isn't going to accept "things didn't work out".

Just that he had the option isn't a good enough reason, especially when pressed about why. Plus asked about his strained relationship with Doug. There are now a few different reports that he bombed the interview (and one I have seen that he did excellent). But they didn't hire him, and he was the heavy favorite. He has to be clever about it because he can't say he demanded more power or more money for his assistants, after they weren't good. You can't tell your new prospective owner that.

Agree. Saying" i had an out and took it just cause i had an ou"t i do not think is going to work...this is not regular business, this is football. Someone earlier said a year off may be best thing for him...and i agree. I think he gets hired again next year, especially if the Bills record heads south.

I think marrone will really upsell the bills moral victory over the Broncos this year.

"But my Defense did a great job of holding Payton in-check. Sadly, Hackett's O couldn't score enough points to get the win" :D

Is this true? Would be so hilarious if it were.

Haha; it is true!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/556185458297032705

From the annals of "How not to find a new job."

Is he really that stuck on himself that he thinks he can cancel a job interview, and the job will wait for him? That's unreal. We joke occasionally about some people on the board being narcissists, but I think Marrone might be a true clinical case.