Has it occurred to anyone else....

MattM

Has it ever occurred to anyone that "Leroi" is an alternate spelling for "Leroy," and that's Mark Harmon's character's first name on NCIS? And Harmon was a football player...

Sorry if somebody else already pointed this out...but if it is you, Mark, welcome to the board, and tell Pam Dawber she has my sympathies.

Mark Harmon's father? That's right people, let me introduce you to Mr. DC Tom Harmon.

....that "LeRoi" means "the King" in French. Guess what "Rex" is Latin for?

And Latin is the language of the Romans and Greg Roman is our new offensive coordinator.

This all can't just be a coincidence, can it?

Edited by hondo in seattle

Can we all agree not to wear this guy out!? Would love another NGU on this board. It's this caliber of contributor that makes this place special.

You haven't been here long, have you? We won't wear him out. If anything, we'll abuse and alienate him.

You can rearrange the letters in Leroi to speller "Oiler." Terry Pegula made his fortunes from fracking. Clearly, Leroi is the owner.

You can also rearrange the letters in Terry Pegula to spell Rupert Gayle, who was (apparently) an award-winning Canadian R&B songwriter. For the record:

But Rupert Gayle's historical importance extends far beyond his songwriting and production duties: with business partner Ivan Berry, Gayle co-founded Beat Factory Productions in 1983. a management, label and license company that raised the Canadian urban music scene to unprecedented visibility and provided some of the first opportunities for such stars as Dream Warriors, Jully Black, Kardinal Offishall, Saukrates, Choclair, Michie Mee and L.A. Luv and Glenn Lewis to be heard nationally.

Gayle was also instrumental, along with Berry, in getting Dream Warriors signed to Island Records in England and setting up the worldwide success of their hit "Wash Your Face (In My Sink)"

Based on that information, I can only conclude our team's future is in good hands.